• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thursday Night Report

Went out of Shakopee last night and landed 3 flats before the sun went down (30, 15, and 5). Also caught the first largemouth I've seen out of the 'sota.

Lost a couple bucks playing poker in the boat.

We were sitting at a creek mouth adjacent to some deep water. Had the baits in 6 or 7 feet.

Sounds fun! Nice night out the moon was alittle bright though but it went down quick. Had one run which turned out to be about an 8lber.

where's a good spot to try, and what bait to use for cats- i am new to catfishin. live in south bloomington by lyndale ave access

Anywhere but the Minnesota river this weekend. There are a couple of catfish contests going on this weekend and it will be a zoo from about New Ulm up past Belle Plaine.

Wastewater-

How was the water level on this stretch for a 16'6" with 40 hp motor?

Pretty Hairy!! But doable.

I launched at Shakopee with a Lund 1700 Fisherman with 115 Yammi. And went a couple miles. Just have to be careful, theres a couple spots that are only 2-4 feet deep and there is always the occasional log sticking up out of nowhere.

Quote:

where's a good spot to try, and what bait to use for cats- i am new to catfishin. live in south bloomington by lyndale ave access

I also live very close and am very new to cats, Let's see if anyone will go out with us some weeknite and fish the river. no boat but shore would be fine as I just want to learn about it and maybe catch one.

Wastewater-

I was fishing there in Shakopee that night. My buddy got a couple of bullies from you guys when you were leaving. Didn't get nothing, just one run and got pulled into the timber. We're hopin' to get the boat repaired by this weekend and get out on the river somewhere.

Yeah, good to see those bullies didn't get wasted.