• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am planning a trip with my dad and was wondering about the campsites located on the lake. How easy are they to locate? How many are there? How is the availability?

Here's a similar link that should take you to the PDF of the camp site map.

http://www.nps.gov/voya/maps/campMap2005pg1.pdf

East End

http://www.nps.gov/voya/maps/campMap2005pg2.pdf

I've been camping up there ever since I met a little lady from "The Falls" so if you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help if I can.

The campsites are fairly easy to locate. Detailed maps you can get from the R.L. visitor center are accurate and up-to-date. Availability will depend on when you come up. The "good ones" seem to be taken most of the time once June rolls around, but if it's just you and your dad you won't need a big site anyways. As close or as far as you want to be from the landing, you have lots of choices. Little Finlander and Beaver Lodge are two of my favorite small campsites if you plan on going up to the east end. Hope this helps.

They make the sites pretty easy to locate and once you are there they pretty much have everything that you could expect from a rustic camp site. Nice sandy pad, table, fire ring, food locker, etc. I like those sites that Fish & Fowl mentioned on the east end. Basically whereever you want to fish there is a site for you!