Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jigstick44

What east central lake are you going to for opener?

jigstick44

Hey Fellas, just kind of curious as to where us east centrallers head for opener. Do you guys stay in the area or head elsewhere? I myself go to Horseshoe lake in Harris, no walleys but a few pike.

Bandersnatch

Won't be doing the opener. I quit taking part in the annual ahole migration years ago. I will however hit Rush in the days following.

rockingroy

I haven't fished amatuer weekend in years...actually I rarely fish weekends at all. I work weekends and fish during the week, much easier to get around

Ray Esboldt

I don't know, it depends if I kill a turkey in Wisconsin prior to Saturday. However, I may just do a three day hunt and head up to Pokegama. My Dad is by no means old, but you only have so many openers left together. That's really what's all about, right?

FRESHWATER PETIE

Planning on going up to lower south long, just south of Brainerd. Walleyes and pike are usually hitting.

Bringing the whole family. My father-in-law is in bad health, so every opener I can spend time in the boat with him is priceless. His fishing openers are numbered now.

I'll be pulling my camper, so I'll have to fish out of my brother-in-laws boat. Will be my first camping trip for the year. I'll have to check my propane tanks, usually run the furnace alot!

GOOD LUCK ON OPENERS!!

jigstick44

That's what it is all about, getting together and hanging out with family and friends for me. If we catch some fish, that is a bonus. A few wobbly pops doesn't hurt either.

shorefisher

I think I will be on South Center this year, Had a good fall bite and hope to pick up where I left off grin.gif

mplspug

The annual Knife Lake opener for my brothers and I. Two of which have cabins on the lake.

jdw320

Since we have a planned trip each year to the Caribbean around opener, the buddies & I end up chasing Mahi Mahi & Tuna. I guess there are worse things that could happen! cool.gif Not many rookies out there to bump into though!

hip_hop_fisherman

I'll be on Big Sandy, this will be the third consecutive year there. Last opener was a blast, hopefully things can carry over!

ole matty

will be at either sturgeon lake, sand lake or big sandy lake...

fleeced

My buddy has a cabin on Ann Lake and unless I get real ambitious, I'll be there too. grin.gif

mplspug

Quote:

My buddy has a cabin on Ann Lake and unless I get real ambitious, I'll be there too.
grin.gif

Have you fished for channel cats on Anne much?

fleeced

I've never given them a try. Any suggestions would be apprecited.

fish hawk kris

Ole matty,

Great minds think alike! The past few years I've fished U.L.Pine, west of Finlayson (a block from my home) & Moosehead? downtown moose lake. Both with fair to good success for walleyes. I like to stick close to home for the rat race of opener, also saves $ on fuel.

I was also considering sturgeon and/or sand. Do their walleyes like the jig/minnow approach in these lakes. Or are they going to be new water for you too?

I run a newer green crestliner w/yamaha tiller. I probably wont hit these lakes until sunday since I have kids in soccer sat until noon, but thats not such a bad thing. A couple years ago I launched at U.L.P. at about 1PM and had my limit by 4, you should have seen the look on their faces when I filled my livewell, man were the other anglers torked!

If your out there on sun. and have frs, reply me your channels and I'll fill you in!

Later

ole matty

fish hawk, i never had fish at sand lake but had heard abt the good size eyes at sand. for sturgeon i use jig/minnow combo sometime use lindy rigs at early morning n late evening.. only caught 3 eyes last time i fish for them at sturgeon.. 17 to 20 inches... i will be at sand lake on fri chasing after panfish then sturgeon early saturday morning fishing for eyes then might fish at sand for eyes on sunday and monday morning.. loook for white 14 ft gruman boat stop by if u want to say hi n talk a lil bit...