• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappies are in the saw mill pond on Jefferson Lake. Bullheads too.

Minnows are working. I was using a small Castmaster with a slow retrieve.

Thanks for the little tip.....wont be going to the mill, but does give me a feeling that they will be moved up someplace a little closer to home....

hey everybody,

stopped down at the sawmill and there were alot of people there. there are many bull heads being caught. im not qiute sure abuut the crappies or sunnies tho. i didn't see any body catch any. just be careful what u do. the conservation officewr was down there today checking people so make sure u have proof of everything:)

good luck! wink.gif

The crappie bite was always better when you could get out on that finger but, supposable a kid drowned in there a few years ago. After that the owners turned it into a golf course. You can still get in there with a decent sized boat like an alumcraft trophy 175. wink.gif

I just tried it the other day. All I caught were bullheads... About half of them you catch are good eatin' size, if you plan ond keeping them.

Saturday the Crappies were there (Sawmill pond), with the west wind. the last two days with the strong south wind the Crappie bite has slowed. I did see three nice Northerns in the shallows on German today.

as the fisherman always say when the winds form the best fishng is the best and the east is the least... grin.gif

I think what were looking for is sunny days with no wind. We want the water to warm up with out being stirred up by the wind.

Look for bug hatches, shallow water with mud bottom and calm winds. You want bugs flying around you.

In a couple of weeks it will not be as inportant to have calm water.

Don't forget that wind pushes plankton back into those same shallow bays, and the baitfish follow them, and so do the slabs. If I have a small shallow bay that has had a wind blowing into it for a couple of days, I'll use minnows. If it is calm like you are talking about, I'll use more bug baits then.