Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
grumpyoldman

Hungry

grumpyoldman

Wow! Am I hungry for a crappie meal or even a perch. Has the ice gone out yet on any lakes? It sure is quiet out there. Wadinator, chad11, anybody?

Eric Wettschreck

It's all out around my place. Actually, this morning my back yard was a lake with ducks and everything.

Lime lake is like real darn high. I haven't been out yet. As soon as I get the boat roped over I'll let ya know if anythings bitin.

chad11

I am hungry too,we were just talking about that fish fry,most of the ice is all gone,gotta maybe catch some bull heads for the fry,gotta mix it up.

grumpyoldman

You're kidding right?

Wadinator

Quote:

You're kidding right?

lol! BULLHEADS? I haven't had the privledge (SP?) of munchin on one of them since sometime before I was old enough to get a driver's license. Funny thing though, I don't seem to miss eating them. grin.gif

Wallywalleye and I will be floating the boat someplace this coming weekend. We're thinking Thompson, or maybe Yankton or Platte. Besides Silver Lake (Lake Park), a guy has to go a long ways to bring home a few walleyes this time of year.

We were out in Platte two weekends ago and brought home three walleyes (16", 18", and 19"). Wallywalleye went with another friend of ours this past Saturday to Chamberlain, but they ended up getting skunked. We suspect that was due to the hurricane winds really stirring things up the day before.

I haven't had the opportunity to cook up some fish since the few crappies I brought home from Red almost two months ago. crazy.gif

Bigfife

There are some crappies biting in the area. I was out on Sunday evening for a few hours and I caught about 20 crappies. The size wasn't great, but there were a few legit keepers.

grumpyoldman

Hey Wade,

I've hit a new level of grumpy lately. The rumors of $3.00 gas has really got me in a slump. I've cancelled all trips to Canada and one of the trips to Montana. I don't think the boat is coming out of storage this year. I think this will be a good year to buy stock in hops and grains, because I'm thinking about taking up some serious drinking. I might even wear out a couple lawn chairs this year.

Wadinator

LOL! It's about time diesel is cheaper than gas! But I would have preferred dropping diesel prices, instead of rising gas prices.

chad11

It has been a long time for me as well with bull heads,if i remember they are very good,won't hurt to try any of them, I got a cabin on leech next yr. for their eelpout festival,should be fun,if u do get that boat out and come this way need a fishing partner I'm always game. The fish fry will probally be in june,since planting will be here very soon. If u out fish me,which is hard to do I know,if u do I wont lie like some people we both know.

lawdog

I haven't for years and years, but when my grandmother was still alive we always kept one big bunch of bullheads early in the spring to fry up and eat. They actually weren't too bad! Got to get them early before the water warms up and they get all mushy though...

Rost

You guys should make the trip to the Brick Manor (in Arco)for their annual bullhead feed. All you can eat! Talk about scrump!

grumpyoldman

When is this smorgesboard (sp) of finnery?

Rost

I believe they always have it in early spring. Not sure to be exact, as I have not lived there for a few years now. The Arco Sportsmans Club usually hosts it.

stickbait

Rost,

I think they had it last week. Tyler Rod and Gun Club has theirs this friday (Good Friday) from 4-8pm.