• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any places where the suckers run near cloquet?

I'm looking for places near cloquet that are not connected to the St. Louis River where there is chance of a good sucker run. Anyone have any clues where I could go?

Anyone know if any of those lakes that have creeks & rivers(Bear, Hanging Horn, Eddy, Hizer ) along 35 south of Carlton county would be a good place? Or any place that might be good around Carlton County? I am looking to take my girlfriend sucker fishing and trying to find a place closer than where I usually go on the Iron Range. Any ideas would help.

behind the Barnum Fairgrounds where the river goes under I-35 or right by the park on the opposite side of the street when you are coming down the hill West of I-35 in Barnum.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the Moose Horn river yesterday and caught 4 off of the bottom. It was slow, so it looked to me like the run for them just started or is just ending.