• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wait your Turn

Here are some pics of a guy who feels he doesn't have to wait in line at the landing at Birchdale. He blew past 3 of us in line and was "going to drop his boat quick". He did just that. Then when he got the boat into the water he left his logs laying beside the ramp. The logs will no doubt wash into the river, hopefully no one hits one.

This guy unhooked his boat on the flat ground, while backing down the ramp he tapped the brakes and it slipped off the trailer and skidded to a stop about 6' short of the waters edge. They had to push it the rest of the way.

I don't know how to attach the pics in the post so you will have to visit a photo album, sorry.

Here is a link to the pics

Photo Album

I dont get it. What is wrong with just backing in the trailer? He must not have wanted to get it wet.

Wow, I second that SM1, why not just back the trailer in the water, would make it a lot easier. I just don't understand the logic there.

Wow, why would you lay a nice glass boat on the cement ramp like that? Back her up, drive her on, pull out. All in less than a minute. Looks like they like to go about things the hard way. confused.gif

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen anyone do with a boat, whether it's a boat like that or a 14 ft Lund. Trailers are made to go in the water.

I'm thinking he let the strap off early thinking he would just float it off quick... I've never been fond of that logic for just this reason.

Ouch.

Yeah, I'm sure he was trying to save time by unhooking way up the ramp. I've seen guys do this before. Really, doesn't it take literally 10 seconds to get out and unhook her quick after you've backed down to the water? It has to be the worst sound ever when that nice glass boat slips off and skids along the landing. OUCH!!

His elevator doesnt go to the top floor!

Its kind of like one those people that buy a $65,000 boat and pull it with a $10,000 vehicle! They can afford the boat but not the vehicle to pull it out of the landing with.

The longest it should take a person is 5 minutes. Just get ready while your waiting in line. A bigger boat is easier to load and unload with 2 or more people, IMO.

It's nice to see he's got a keel guard- I'm sure that really protects the hull of his boat from any damage. grin.gif

I guess I'm bitter, but if he cut in front of you, serves him right.

I'm thinking he unhooked his boat not realizing the wet carpet (from the day before) on his trailer bunks probably froze and became slippery. Backed her up, hit the brakes and ohhhh sssh.........

As the famous quote says, " I don't care who ya are, thats funny"!!!! For the life of me, I can never understand what the big hurry is, or if you need help, ASK!!! I've seen this before up there, and I chuskle to myself all the time!!! Great Pics, I hope you got fish as well, BUMBLE

Well I guess it takes all kinds! The sad part is I have seen this done many times. There is a difference at being fast at putting a boat into the water and being efficient at doing so. We can see here that they wanted to do it fast. I find it funny when these jokers do stuff like that! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Hope all the others like this guy took some notes and learned something! Good luck fishing boys, I'll be there saturday driving a white chevy with ducks in the back window and a sea-nymph, with a white johnson 25 motor.

That's funny as *$@^! I wouldn't think it was too funny on a regular basis, but since he cut in line, I don't feel sorry for him.

As for the comment about the guy who has a boat that is more expensive than his truck! I am one of those guys. Sorry I'm not rich enoughto afford both! Now I don't have a $40,000 boat, probably never will, but I think just because a guy loves his hobby and is willing to spend all his money on it, you can't fault that guy! smirk.gif

Are those Professional Angler Association numbers on the motor??????

I hate to admit it, but I regularly back mine down the ramp with it unhooked from the trailer. BUT, never when the bunks are iced up!

Cory Frantzick

I didn’t mean to attack anyone on that comment. Sorry.

But I was referring to the big difference in money from a boat to a truck. Like 40 grand or more difference. Anything under that doesn’t look too bad.

But my dad and I saw this one rig on Mille Lacs I think a few years ago. He had a newer 45,000 rig and an old van pulling it.

Not saying its bad, just awkward and funny.

Good Lucking fishing on the Rainy and maybe see all you yahoo's up there Thursday and Friday this week!

The sticker you are refering to is round, maybe slightly oval, it had a 3 digit number on it. I am not exactly sure what it was but it had some text and a number like 167 in the middle. I think you are correct about that assumption though.

I hear ya, No harm... A friend of mine always backs his pro-V down with the strap un hooked too, but I am way too chicken to do it, Even though my boat would probably never slide off the bunks. My luck is the first time I would try it, that would be me with the boat lying on the concrete short of the water. Is stupidity covered under insurance?

Does anyone know how long it took, to get the boat in the water? What kind of damage did the boat recieve?

Oh not too long maybe 5 minutes to get in the H2O, they ran to a log pile, grabbed some logs, and set them under each side, not that it helped the keel, they slid er in da riv'r and went fishing quickly. They didn't check the boat until that night. They just happened to be pulling out when we were that night too but we boogied out of there to avoid answering any questions at the landing as the DNR, US customs, and Sheriff were all there and they looked bored. We just loaded our boat and drove to the top of the hill to strap it all down. I'm guessing the back corner was pretty messed, it was loud and it skided quite a way, then the people pushing didn't help either.

Anyone see the guys who tried to go around a truck at frointer on Sunday morning. The landing was in bad shape with a ton of snow on the sides and instead of waiting 5 min they tried to back there lund and burb in the deep snow. Took about 15 guys to push it out. I sure wasn't going to help them.

I swear the best entertainment is watching a busy boat landing. Some day im gonna sit in a lawn chair and video all day long. Then you'll see me on funniest videos. Anyone know why that guy didnt just back his trailer back to the boat and winch it back on, backing the truck and trailer up as you winch, then back into the water. It would have been way faster and way less damage then sliding it on the concrete. Like you said " you cant fix dumb"

There's always at least one jack#$%! It never fails! Must have been a rich kid, with the truck, boat & attitude. Hope he opened his wallet or at least coolers for the help.