• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This might be out of line, but I have a...fishing report. I went to Lizzie today. Lots of water on the ice. About 17 inches of ice. Kind of strange. I couldn't find weeds. I drilled more than 40 holes in about the same spot we fished last year about this time and I couldn't find one area with weeds in them. Last year there was a pretty good weedbed coming to within a couple of feet of the bottom of the ice. Only marked one fish and it didn't want to play.

Might try again Sunday when my brother can make it. We'll see if I was just off a bit or what.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• WigglinMyWorm

• DEADhead

• fisherdog19

thanks for the report Cicada. my guess for the lack of weeds is the amount of snow cover the lakes had this year. no sunlight = no weeds. I've been finding the same thing an many other lakes this year. And a lot of brown dying weeds as well. Haven't found much green stuff yet.

F-Dog -- You only say it was for non-athletes because you can't skate and think, drink a beer and jig, or walk and chew snuff at the same time.

Takes practice -- badda-bing-badda-boom. grin.gifcool.gif

Quote:

walk and chew snuff at the same time.

I beg to differ on that one. Don't stand downwind of him either, or you'll get that stuff all over your bibs tongue.gif

Questions for ya DEADhead. Even if the weeds died this winter, shouldn't I have found the dead matter on the bottom? If the weeds were five to six feet thick and died, shouldn't there be a foot or two of dead weeds layering the bottom? I did not hook anything and bounced my jig off the bottom a time or two. Everything was an even 10 feet deep.

Thanks for your opinion.

Hit, be careful, I can make a lake on ice with a dip in the mouth. I can skate, maybe we should get together and I can skate around you a little bit. tongue.gif

Yeah, we could do that. I'll bring along a chair to help you with your balance. cool.gif