• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CRAPPIES/SUNNIES???

Thanks alot tight that will be very helpful i am heading up to DL tom. morning early and staying till next friday. I will go give pelican a try surely and when i get back i will post how i did.THANKS EVERYONE!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• ludzy7700

• ScottND

• Just2fish

Anyone wana tell me how thick some of the lakes are? Just wondering ice thicknesses not fishing spots. Thanks

Code-Man

The lakes are still pretty thick. It will take a while.

How about you telling us some spots? wink.gif

you want a spot confused.gif I'll give ya one but you gotta drive a little bit from you Hawley-wood. Wymer Lake fish between sunken Island and shore. 20-30 feet watch graph. Single hook on a little bobber. They will be suspended. They come through a little bit before dark and will go till you give up depending on if they come through. Been out there many times till midnight. Fatheads that are silver are key but try other things. Perch will come through before crappies. What ya think of my spot hitman?

Code-Man

Are you guy's driving out on the lakes?

I've been bringing the 4x4, It seems a litle spooky to me, but maybee its ok... crazy.gif

Quote:

Are you guy's driving out on the lakes?

I've been bringing the 4x4, It seems a litle spooky to me, but maybee its ok...
crazy.gif

I'm going to stick to the 4 wheeler this year I think. Unless it melted this week it was pretty crappy on Sallie and I think a 4x4 pickup would have gotten stuck. For sure I know the Dodge diesel ain't going out...it's as heavy as a tank!

Code, you'll have to show me that spot, its just down HWY 10 from my house. I'll trade you a spot out on Eagle lake where they bite into the wee hours of the night.

Fisherdog

By 4x4 I meant 4 wheeler.

I did see a pickup on he ice, =Prarie.

Mabee I'll start another thread so others arent offende by the hijack grin.gif

Fisherdog

Where you live on 10? I dont fish Eagle that much but if you want to drop me a line by email [email protected] and I'll drop ya a hint for wymer. I gave a rough description of the spot and the spot can get over fished quickly like we all know how that happens.

Came up from the cities today there is this white stuff on the ground...What is this stuff (wanted to use other word but don't want to go back in jail grin.gif) and saw a person out on Meadow off of 59 and he had about 30 holes it seemed like drilled...Anyone every fished that lake in the spring? I have fished it in the begining of the year and got some nice sunnies but not in the spring. That's all I got at this time and point. BRING ON SPRING!!!

Code-Man

Tried Pelican in 57' for tulibees. Marked a hole lot of something at 40' but caught zip. Was using heads off dead minnows and was told later I probably should have been using waxies confused.gif.

Then hit Nelson and picked up some bluegills and crappies 2' under the ice in 12'. Also had a crappie come up to the bottom of the hole and look right at me shocked.gif.

Then came Little C.. Didn't stay long enough to catch anything cuz I had to run home quick and clean out my shorts after the muskrat came out the hole I was in shocked.gifcrazy.gif.

All in all a pretty interesting day.

Did you go to nelson from middle corm. or is there an easier way to get on.....is the creek from middle to nelson safe to drive on witha 4 wheeler or is there too much current there?

I went over the peninsula's. Follow where the snowmobiles go. The creeks are open. I think youu could even use a 2wd 4 wheeler now. That is unless it thaws and slushes up...That could be tough then.

Had no problem picking up a limit of 8.5" gills this weekend on the Big L. The biggest ones would come up about 5 feet off the bottom to bite. Pesky bass made it interesting too! cool.gif

Quote:

Pesky bass made it interesting too!
cool.gif

You lucky dog. I wish I had some pesky bass to make it interesting. I did have a pesky toothless hammer handle that helped. grin.gif

Ya, it's cool feeling that heavy ponderous weight right after the hookset that you know CAN'T be a sunfish, then the hard runs when trying to get the big devil to come up the hole. They're hard on equipment when you use light stuff!!