• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CRAPPIES/SUNNIES???

Dead is right. I would not be a big fan of driving right now.

Come on -- it is good for da heart!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• ludzy7700

• ScottND

• Just2fish

I saw a couple of trucks on Little D this morning, so it must not be too slushy out there, yet....

Scott S --

I have been out there at it has been okay. Nothing great, but nice bass action and couple decent sunnies.

No crappies.

They have to be some where but we didn't find them.

Good luck.

Thinking about taking a trip out to Middle C Tuesday, any one thinking bout fishin? Besides me? Crappies, sunnies, anything?

Fished Middle C on Sunday, at it was Extremely SLOW!! Very small Sunnies and No crappies. Talk to some people that lived on the lake and they had the same response I did.

Boy that really sucks. I think we all had the same luck this weekend. I wonder if the change in weather had something to do with it. I know it would have hurt 'eye fishing, I just don't know if it should have hurt panfishing?

I guess it did.

That doesn't sound a bit good...maybe I'll try something else...Knitting? Crochet? OK, maybe just pick another lake...any ideas????

I talk to alot of the locals on the lake and they said its been this SLOW for a good month. I think we need a couple of weeks melting!

I havent been out for a couple weeks so I guess I haven't missed anything...hope it picks up by tomorrow! crazy.giftongue.gif

I wish I had a good idea. Lee was my good idea and it kinda flopped.

I know there are some fish being caught in the Perham area, but that is a drive.

I would think that Little C would be good, but I thought that about Lee. crazy.gif

Had better luck this last weekend before the cold weather hit. Small lake in 7-11ft.

I was out on little cormorant yesterday morning....no crappies and a couple of sunfish.....I did get into a mess of decent perch that made for a fun couple hours.

Just 2 --

Huh? You lost me. Be gentle, I get lost easily.

I need a GPS going from Hawley to Hitterdal. I'm serious. crazy.gif

Hmmmm...ya never know about slow (hey that rhymes) grin.gif

I happen to know of a ND lake where they are hammerin big crappies, BUT, they don't start hitting until 9:30 pm!

Anybody tried the late evening bite?

mad.gif I was on call last weekend and didn't get out. mad.giffrown.gif

I've got a good night crappie bite lake here in DL, but I haven't been able to fish it because I'm too chicken to drive out on the lake and the walk is to far. I'd love to get out to it if someone with an atv or sled would like to join.

Hitman---short term memory?? I was saying you just might get that sweater!!! Heehee!

Scott -- Don't 4-get about me. I am game too.

How much is out of state fiskin'?

Talked to a couple of guys from Hawley-wood that fish "secret" lakes. They have had a tough time during this cold snap as well.

Like, not marking anything.

Maybe we should have a little get together again!

Although......

My son, daughter and 2 week old grandaughter live there so if I go it will be both to visit them and fish.

I'm not much of a host because I can't sit still when I fish. I drill a lot of holes and move all over 'til I find something. My lunches are usually "..hey are you going to finish that? crazy.gif" or digging in my pockets for a crumbled up pop tart. That said you know who won't be bringing a grill. It works great for weight loss but guess who hasn't been out a lot lately and is blowing up like a balloon tongue.gif.

The info I got about the bite will be two weeks old this weekend and the lake is 132 miles west of Hawleywood. I couldn't guarantee even one fish. I can say that last year I fished there and hammered the crappies on the old submerged river bank in 11' for a while during midday, then when they quit and when I found the right structure (a submerged tree) I hammered them again. I pretty much had to use the Aqua Vu to catch them and people beside me without one were getting skunked. Some were 16"'s and they wouldn't move a bobber or hit minnows. Small 1" plastic tails were the trick.

Either I wasn't on the right spot or they were off for the night bite cuz I stayed on the lake all night and only caught a couple dinky perch.

One other thing to remember...walleye and northern season doesn't close in ND!

By the way...if I don't go to Jamestown and fish that lake near there, then I'm going to the very north end of Little Cormorant I think. The crappies (some say they are all 8-9") have been in there for almost two months now but I've only had the time to catch one and a couple largemouth bass.

I have fished the North End Little Cormmorant and the crappies are mostly around 8-10 but later into the dark we find a few around 10-12. We left with a limmit the past couple of nights

Hey buck. When I first joined FM, I posted a spot where I was hammering some nice crappies and that following weekend there must have been 30 pickups there when I got there. Totally fished out after 2 weeks, so I find it difficult to share exact info. I can tell you that right now the crappies are biting kamakazie style right at dusk. Franklin has been good, but if your willing to hunt a little, check out Pelican. We have been doing very well there. Won't tell you exactly where, but check out the east end, and move around a lot. You will find them and they are large class crappies. Also little cormorant has been good but smaller fish than Pelican, but still decent size. Good luck.

Tight --

I need to get out more! You are the second guy this week that mentioned pelican.

R they in the deep holes or is that too much information?