• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DL forum get together

Quote:

Geez, Mark, I'm glad your dad cleared it up. I thought we were talking about flat bread, bread pudding or something.

Huh? ooo.gif What? confused.gif Dad? shocked.gif

Thanks for the ego boost Hitman, but I wasn't gettin any when I was 2 years old.

Sorry Mark...he led me right to that one! grin.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• DEADhead

• fisherdog19

• ScottND

minneman, same spot but better time of year. Last year I think we fished it earlier. Sundy looks to be above freezing so we can drill a bunch of holes and go from there. I'm torn between lakes and would like to be democratic about it so I will give it another day or so.

DeadHead, I will keep an eye on the vote count and call you tomorrow on which lake it will be. I for sure would like to hit Sallie in the next couple weeks anyway so you may as well just plow the access anyway laugh.gif. How about all further posts on this thread are votes only, I will give everyone until 6pm Saturday to vote and then I'll post the lake we will be fishing by Saturday night by 7pm. If I see a bunch of votes for a certain lake I will post the lake choice earlier.

Fisherdog

Ah, Nutz. Sorry about that ND. Lucky for me math skills don't hurt me in my job. grin.gif

I know where I would go on Sallie right off the access and to the right. That is where we have gone before.

It is about one third of the way down the lake.

We are talking freezing rain. Should we still go? Are people going to really show up??????

Rose Lake is too far. If you guys are not into Sallie, how about Little C?

Dead --

Anyone out on Sallie this week?

Get a chance to pre-fish it?

Send one of your gophers out there -- tell 'em it is "research"

I can bring a sled.

all my gophers are gone today. If you're so adamant on prefishing, get your butt over here someday this week and we'll hit it.

I haven't seen anyone fishing it, although a coworker said he say a couple guys out on the ice.

Oops, just forgot that Peter said he only wanted posts with votes from here on out. don't want to end up in jail like hitman shocked.gifgrin.gif

The only thing that is going to stop me from going anywhere is my daughter giving birth!

If that doesn't happen anywhere is fine with me...I'll be there.

Is there a good access for 4 wheelers or sleds on the north of Little C.?

A month and a half ago I'm sure a group of people would have had a riot catching up there once the presentation was figured out (water temp was up & the LX5 & Aqua Vu was full) but the ride up there on the lake was a little questionable. With a month of cold weather maybe it's better.

ND --

What is up with Hawley?

The lady accross the street had a kid, my sister-in-law is in labor and a gal that used to work for me just had one.

Something in the H2O?

The gal from work had a 9 pound 9 oz girl -- I said if that was a walleye it would go on the wall. All the ladies at work laughed.

Nice to be the boss and get them to laugh at my stupid jokes. cool.gif

Oh, yeah -- only votes. I vote for Sallie, again.

Eyehunter --

he is still in jail and may not be out anytime soon. Says he can't even get to the right page. Anyway, I asked him and he voted for Sallie.

At least for all you guys know he voted for Sallie. cool.gif

Alright, Sallie it is. I had thought of another lake we have been fishing the last couple weeks where we are catching quite a few crappies but you'd have to pick through a some small ones for a limit of 10-11 inchers. If you guys want to hit that lake, we can. We can drive out, which will cost $5 to access through a private drive. We will catch crappies, but they won't be huge. If you'd all rather get skunked looking for the pig slabs, thats ok too. I'd rather catch big ones, but someone reading mentioned the other lake to me. Unless I see some interest in the other lake, we will meet at the lake Sallie access at 2pm. Driving will probably be tough with the snow, and I'm not sure of the ice thickness. We could possibly drive the shoreline around the lake and walk out to where we need to fish. I know of another spot on the west side of that bay but we'll try Hitmans spot first. If anyone has camera's, bring them so we can look for some fish that way. See you all at 2pm at Sallie unless you all decide you want to fish the lake with the private access.

Who all will be coming, can we get a roll call.

Fisherdog

I'll be there. I'll clear the access tomorow at work. I'll try and get a check on the thickness of the ice too. There is definitely a lot of snow out there, wouldn't want a vehicle to get stuck frown.gif

If anyone's interested I can bring my grill to go and we can cook up some burgers or dogs or whatever. let me know.

Hmmm...I wonder if any of those Hawleyites your talking about would be the wife of a guy I work with? His name is Cory.

They had a 20", 9lb 6oz'er (female) (not sure if they got the girth) on Tuesday!

On that note c-ya on Sallie... smirk.gif

Don't forget the gills out there. Some nice tullies also.

Some good spots on the south end as well.

S ND --

Yeah, cory is the husband and Melissa is the wife and she used to work for me. Great people.

Hope to have her back when she gets out of the baby factory. wink.gif

F-Dog --

I'm in, I guess. One of the five-year-old hurt his knee in wrestling and has been home all day and I was the lucky one to stay home -- till now. So I am behind on my work, but I keep typing in this forum.

As long as nothing drastic happens I'll be there with sled and portable.

Are we talking 2 or like NY 2 p.m. That is more like 3 p.m.

Wish I could make it! Don't forget your new licenses!!!! Good luck all!

Just 2 --

I forgot again. I am So glad you said that. Now, if I can just remember on Sunday. crazy.gif

don't worry hitman, if you forget we'll keep calling you until you finally get so annoyed that you'll show up.

grin.gif

Quote:

Who all will be coming, can we get a roll call.

Fisherdog

WooHoo...I'm a GrandPa on Mark N's B'day! (if you've been following the topic it'll make sense)

C-Ya on Sunday all.

I'll be the old guy with the blue Ram and yellow Bombardier 4 wheeler.

Secret lake is roughly 5 miles from Sallie, if fishing is bad and we cant locate any fish, we can always go over there. See you all on Sunday. Dead, we'll have to hit the lake you contacted me about, wouldn't mind filling a you know what.

Fisherdog

Well guys i regret to say that i will be unalbe to make it tomorrow. My front Differential went out on my truck so the chances i make it up tomorrow are slim, but you never know, maybe i will load the stuff on the trailer and take the 1986 ford, but who knows

Andrew Shae

Well we hit the laek and tried all over. When I left -- 6 p.m. we had one crappie, a 15-inch eye (F-Dog) 25 4-6 inch 'eyes (I had at least 10) and about 36,000 perch.

I was fun to put a name to the face.

Let's do it again, but let's wait till they start running and we can sit in lawnchairs grill brats and drink beer.

PS -- did the rest of you get anything after I left.

Dead-- did you ever get those finicky flashers?

Well its good too see you guys caught some fish. I was working on my truck all weekend but i endup purchasing a new one so i wont be kept off the lakes long. With this warm weather i am looking forward to getting out to chase crappies and tullibees.

Andrew Shae

hitman, I think those suspended fish were walleyes. when dusk came, walleyes from 5-9 ft hammered my bait. at least a few of them were over 10".

Good seeing everyone out there yesterday, too bad we couldn't get any crappies, but it's still early yet.

Dead --

If they were over 10 then they were too big for me. cool.gif