• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DL forum get together

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• DEADhead

• fisherdog19

• ScottND

This weekend would work out better for me also. Anyone have a lake and time picked out yet?

This weekend would work for me if we go sunday, a lot of people want to go to the sportsman show, and i am also one of them and plan on attending on Sat.

Andrew Shae

I also want to hit the Sportsman show with the kids. May have a wrestling tourney as well.

Sunday looks like a good day or wait till the next weekend.

May not be a perfect date -- just get info a pick one.

Unless Peter steps in and makes an executive decision, I say we shoot for Sunday on Sallie. hitman, I'll let you pick the time shocked.gifgrin.gif

Hitman,

hehehe...I just want to see if it's true that there's only one 19"er per 1000 10"ers around here.

Quote:

Hey MY b-DAY'S on the 3rd !

Can't beat a pure bread Pieces

Congrats Grand-pa!
grin.gif

Hehehe....hold me back, hold me back....awwww screw it.

"Pure bread pieces", what is that? smile.gif like donuts without sugar or somethin? grin.gif

Awww....I get it...Purebred Pisces...

1.The twelfth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about February 19 to March 20.

2.A group of vertebrates comprising both cartilaginous and bony fishes and sometimes including the jawless vertebrates; not used technically.

3.(astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces.

4.A large faint zodiacal constellation; between Aquarius and Aries.

Whew...thank God for cut 'n paste.

Okay...schedule here....

3/1 - 3rd anniversary with the wife. wink.gif

3/2 - just work tongue.gif

3/3 - Mark N's and my Grand kids pisces birthday grin.gif (have to call the daughter and tell her to have it this day.)

3/4 - sports show (rob bank to get what I want at Sports show) crazy.gif

3/5 - Sallie....WOOO-HOOO! grin.giflaugh.gif (Unless the grandkid holds out 'til today) frown.gif

Sorry folks, I was up at the URL Slabfest this weekend and got back late Sunday, and was super busy at work today trying to give people money. I don't think Sallie will be very good yet, just may be a little to early and the fish may still be scattered. I know of a couple areas of deep water adjacent to spawning areas but I'm not sure if they will be there yet although I've never tried. I'd like to hit Rose but it sounds like people want to hit Sallie, and Melissa is also another option. It also sounds like this Sunday is best for everyone, all we have to do is decide on a lake and fish. I would say we meet at 2pm and fish til whenever. What about lake transportation? Are there enough of you with sleds and ATV's where we could shuttle everyone out to get to the spot, or does everyone feel comfortable driving? I say Sallie or Melissa, I have a GPS coordinate for a spot on Melissa that has produced nice crappies for me this time of year in the past. On Sallie, I've fished it open water early in that 18-22 foot range and have done well. I know the general vicinity, we'll just have to drill some holes to find the spot on the spot unless someone has the lakemaster chip for their handheld.

What's it gonna be, Sallie or Melissa, we'll vote on it. Meet at the access at 2pm on March 5th and fish until we want to go home.

Fisherdog

I've got the Lakemaster chip in my H20 and the lake doesn't make that much difference to me. My daughters baby is going to call the shots telling me if I get there or not.

Actually the last time I was out was on Little C about 4 weeks ago. I went all the way to the north, dropped the Marcum in and fish all over. Dropped the Aqua Vu down and saw walleyes, crappies, perch and large mouth bass all out of the same hole. And that's while it was real murky. I tried gettin some crappies during the middle of the day and chased them all around but the finiky #&^RT# wouldn't take the hook. I watched a couple largemouth come in on them though and seal the deal. (2)of them, 16", 2.5 lbs.

I didn't like the looks of the ice getting up there though. It was real milky in spots and drilled like butter!

A friend of my dad's has fished Sallie a dozen times in the last 2 years and hasn't caught anything. My vote is for Melissa.

I vote for Sallie. I dated a girl nammed Missy and she was a real pain in the A%$.

Just kidding.

I don't know much about Melissa, so I guess I vote for Sallie. I wonder if it would be better to wait as well. Another week the fish should be better. Hard to say.

DEAD -- Can you be like our best buddy and pre-fish it for us? Or do you have to milk a lot of Big Females. wink.gifgrin.gif

Geez, Mark, I'm glad your dad cleared it up. I thought we were talking about flat bread, bread pudding or something.

Scott ND --

I'd like to say that I'll never go back to that spot, but I'm sure I will. That way it is easier for Minneman to find me, watch my house and bring out my beer.

Minneman -- you rule.

Where is my beer?

As far as ice conditions go, Sallie would be a better bet. Melissa took a while to freeze up and around xmas time only had 5" of ice. I don't imagine there is a ton of ice that was formed there, plus there are aerators on a few spots, don't know if that had anything to do with it. I haven't heard any good reports from Melissa. I haven't heard much from Sallie, other than how I did, just due to the lack of people fishing it. I agree that it may be early for the crappies, but I'm going to be busy or out of town the next few weekends, so this weekend is my best shot.

That being said, I say we fish Sallie. I'll have to look at the access again, but the last time I was there the snow was pretty deep and was tough to get a vehicle around in there without getting stuck (they haven't plowed it all winter). A guy might be better off parking in the employee lot at the DNR offfice.

I'll see about trying to get out this week and check things out, but it's not a guarantee.

Quote:

A friend of my dad's has fished Sallie a dozen times in the last 2 years and hasn't caught anything

no offense but maybe your friends dad didn't know what he was doing? shocked.gifwink.gif

I just started fishing Sallie this winter, and have managed to catch a bunch of fish, including a nice 25"er. That was like my second time ever fishing for walleyes through the ice. A guy just needs to look at a lake map and figure out where to fish; paying attention to structure and forage are key.

He was fishing crappies, not walleyes. And you are right, he may not have a clue so I take no offense... haha.

GF -- I have fished crappies on Sallie and had some good luck, but it is like everything else--

"Boy, you should have been here yesterday. They were huge and Bla, bla, bla ...."

I have heard that too much. I would need my socks off to count that high. grin.gif

We nailed the crappies out there two years ago but havnt had much luck since. We actually GPS'd the exact spot and havn't even seen a crappie on the camera. Im guessing the school just moved to another spot on the lake.

I am up for anything this weekend though. It'll be fun to go BS and have a few beverages of choices.

Quote:

He was fishing crappies, not walleyes

I haven't found the crappies on Sallie yet either. I need to move around a little more, but I think I might know where they might be. We'll have to venture out there this weekend...

The only plus side to the whole deal is that I haven't found the snot rockets yet either grin.gif

Quote:

That being said, I say we fish Sallie. I'll have to look at the access again, but the last time I was there the snow was pretty deep and was tough to get a vehicle around in there without getting stuck (they haven't plowed it all winter). A guy might be better off parking in the employee lot at the DNR offfice.

Are we not going to be able to drive on Sallie? Is that what I am getting out of that? Just curious because I do not have a snowmobile.

The parking area at the access has not been plowed. maybe I'll see about getting some of the snow cleared.

there is a lot of snow on Sallie, but no different than the other lakes, Melissa included. The only lake around here that is truly 'groomed' is detroit, with all the snowmobile traffic. I would suggest bringing a 4wd and a towrope, as is the case with any other lake around here right now. you might get stuck... tongue.gif

BTW, I do not have a sled either

I could bring my sled, but I will want a beer per ride. By that time I won't be able to drive. wink.gif

Here's the deal, I have a good idea of where the crappies will be staging for the upcoming spawn. It may be a little early, but if there are enough guys, we should hopefully be able to find them. I don't think we should drive out, if we can get 3-5 guys with sleds or ATV's, we could double up and go back for more, it's not that far from the access. I have never ice fished for crappies on Sallie, however, I have on Melissa and have a spot I have done well this time of year in the past. Bite goes until around 7:30 and the fish are good size. With that being said, everyone that is going to be able to make it, vote which lake you want to fish and we'll do it the democratic way. Meet at 2pm which will give us some time to find fish or the spot. Noah, you need to vote too, I know you're reading and now have to sign on and post. If you don't, you can't come tongue.gif. Let's vote and that will be that.

Fisherdog

stories on sally for me is its dead too,

Fdog, are you talking about the same spot as last years meet?

I think i can make it. Ive got a 2up and a hitch, and would be willing to drag some stuff for those that wont drive. im still kinda weird about the ice this year too, even tho I was on Big C tonight to get the shack off, 16-17" there.

HM, I got all this beer ... and ya dissapear...

my two bits go for Sallie.

Peter, let me know by Thursday night what lake we decide on. If it's Sallie I need to go clear the access parking lot on Friday...

Well, I vote for Rose, but i haven't been out there so i cant say why i chose it, i just like the lake. But no matter where we go, as long as I can make it, can pull my sled up there to pull fish houses and people. Just let me know where and i can show up.

Andrew Shae