• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• minneman

• ScottND

• Bison9

Top Posters In This Topic

Big C report from last night (12-13). I got out with a buddy expecting a good bite. We looked at it this way -- with sorta steady weather for 3 days and a front coming in they sho

They should be ready to eat, right?

Wrong.

I caught on 12-incher at 5 p.m. and nothing after that. We fished till 8:30.

I was dissapointed.

It was too dark at 4:30 to see with the camera but I am on weeds. I caught a couple of weeds.

I like to fish on sand or hard bottoms. Sometimes mud works too, but I never have luck in weeds.

Should I move?

One small 'eye in two trips and two broken lines.

Thoughts?

Maybe see if you can find the edge of those weeds, maybe there is a sand bottom on the edge of the weeds. Walleyes like to cruise these lines.

If there is enough ice, why don't you scout around a little with your Otter?? I'd check the edges of the big bar up there and don't forget to slide out to the rockpile off to the west in deeper water. There will be all kinds of perms out there soon. Maybe you'll find some good action before they get there?

Don't fall through on my suggestion though. How much ice is there where you're at?? I took a drive out there a couple of days ago (with my 5 yr old) and seen where you and minneman are set up.

Saturday can't get here soon enough. I'm thinking about heading to one of the Pines.

I agree. I think I will have to try to find a better spot.

When are you getting out?

I tried the rock pile on Sunday. Worked the rocks and weeds from 4' to 26' and got skunked there. Didn't see any movement on the LX3 either. But then again I did pretty good in another spot on Sunday and got skunked there tonight. Who knows??

If you saw a maroon Suzuki Vitara and/or a yellow Bombardier Outlander 4x4 that was me. I stayed on the west side and south as far as the rock pile out from the YMCA. Just driving around, drilling and hunting from 4' to 30'. Finally connected in 18' @ about 4pm right on the bottom just like another FM'r did. The flasher was wild for about an hour. A red glow Genz worm w/minnow and a pancake style were working but they wouldn't touch the buckshot rattle spoon. Got a few to take home, put some back and because of a size 12 hook I put some back I wasn't planning on right at the hole. Got more size 6 genz worms today.

Big C has been a little slow on Saturday, but there were a million people. We checked a bunch of points and rock piles and ended up moving the house like 30 yards west of where it was. We found some sand and tiny rocks so I am happier.

We marked a number of fish and had a couple of chasers that drove us nuts. We ended with four guys, two houses and four fish. 0ne slimer on six-incher and two 10-inchers. Not great.

I was kinda worthless because I was out late the night before and played around with a little Wild Turkey. Don't do that. I didn't think I had very much of that, but I guess it doesn't take very much.

My budddy caught the two 10-inchers and steppeed right into a hole outside (zero beers at this time) and was wet up to his knee. Gotta give him credit he stuck it out.

Anybody else have any luck this weekend? crazy.gif

Bad Experiance on Big C Saturday Morning. Buried the 4wheeler, fishing was slow. Tried out from the Y camp, Not good, did catch a slimer in shallow water. 9 inches of ice, ankle deep water on top everywhere and Knee deep slush by my permanant. I personally would recommend staying off until it freezes the surface water up. Went to Pelican in the PM and Did very well on the north end. kept 8 14 - 17 inchers and threw 2 little ones back. They liked Shiners and a plain hook. Caught a few on the jigging rap, but most on the deadstick. The water situation was much better out there. More ice I think made a big different.

Went out to Pelican Sunday and caught just a couple walleyes under 10'. There was only 6' of ice and 2 inches of slush on top of it.

I'm going to slip out a little early today and try the mid-afternoon till dark bite on Big C. I'll post a report Thursday.

Quote:

I'm going to slip out a little early today and try the mid-afternoon till dark bite on Big C. I'll post a report Thursday.

Well????????

Eyehunter --

Yeah, I went out. It was a pretty fun day. I caught four (three were 6-8 inches) and I kept one. There was a lof of action, and I missed a few.

I got my rattle reel all tangled up on the 15 incher and I really missed out on some fish. The chubby darter really brought them in.

The genz worm (glow blue) was the ticket with a fat head minnow. Later the shiner worked better. They also hit on half a minnow and a rattle spoon.

Eyehunter, get your house out you big chicken!!!! cool.gif

I'm going to go down this weekend and check on the ice. I am chicken, 9" of ice isn't enough for me when I have to pull that big thing out with my truck. Tried to talk the Mrs into buying a wheeler this year, but she seems to think that we have better things to spend our money on. I guess she's probably right, but don't tell her I said so. grin.gif

Where do you guys park your vehicles when you go out on the ice on Pelican???? Im thinking of going on monday. I will most likely be fishing the north end!!! THANKS

Fished Big C and Pelican taday!! Perch at Big C and Walleyes at Pelican. Nothing worth braggin about but I would have to say Pelican is pretty good right now!!! We were in 18-20 feet of water. Good Luck to all!!!!

Minneman --

Yeah, a lot of company but not much for fish. I'm going out today and hope to do better.

A buddy fished in my house at the crack of dawn and got one and we had five adults and a few kids that evening and only got one.

SLOW.

I seem to better when it is sunny and then when the light level changes it triggers the fish.

How about you?

Went out this AM, 6:30ish, two of us, had several takers, none of them wanted to reveal themselves tho. then just before lite, i pulled up a .....crappie! only one, but this may explain all the misses going on..? going to try again tonight, for crappies this time. Oh fer fun!

Slow last night, again. Caught 2 one keeper that was 16.5 inches.

Anyone else get any?

There were a ton of people out, that's for sure.

Three of us were out on Pelican on the 26th through the 28th. The eyes were biting between 4:45 and 5:15. They were aggressive, but we lost quite a few half way up.