Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rushing

Blue Earth Muskie

6 posts in this topic

Anyone hear about the muskie caught on the Blue Earth river on wenesday?

"Anne Bawley of North Mankato caught a 45-inch, 20-pound muskie in the Blue Earth River Wednesday. Muskies are rarely caught in area rivers."

Pretty amazing too bad she kept it, oh well.

Heres the article.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_327211358.html

rob

Wow, pretty amazing!

That brings up a fish story. wink.gif

I hooked what I thought was a large musky at the mouth of the Chaska creek quite a few years ago.

I was casting a Mepps over the sand bar targeting walleye at night.

I got slammed and it took 15 minutes to bring the fish to shore. THis thing was huge. It had a broad head and I guess its length to be about 4 feet long. Looked like an aligator sitting in the dark water.

I brought it to shore but had no net. I was standing at the edge of the sand bar and everytime I took a step closer the sand would give way. The fish was not green so I took a few minutes to decide how to get to the fish. I finnaly decided to just grab the fish and not worry about slipping into the river. (it would be worth getting a good soaking and landing the fish)

THat was long enough for the fish to get a second wind. As I sank to my knees in the "quick sand" and my hand moved toward the fish, he just gave me an evil look and exploded in the shallow water breaking my line and off he went.

There are some big pike and I do beleive musky in the river, however they don't show themselves too often.

I kinda wish she would have released it, reminded me of the world record Cat they tried to keep alive and killed hauling it too Cabelas or Bass Pro...

I know theres a 18" Smallmouth in there somewhere...probably pushing 20 by now grin.gif

Hey Dark, if you wanna catch a lot of 18-20" smallies let me know, I'll take you you out on Green next year. I caught so many smallies over the 20 inch mark I lost count! It was an unbelievable year for me in the smallie category.