• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LCX-15

porterhouse

Question

Hi everyone,

This morning I bought this unit. Do you guys like this unit?

I know some people have had trouble with the dual frequency transducer in the past. I don't fish deep water to often so did I buy the wrong transducer? Any feed back would be great.

Thanks,

Brian

4 answers to this question

The X-15 is a good unit, a few years back before the color Lowrance units came out it was probably the top of the line unit out there. It was discontinued last year and was replaced by the X-17. It is still a great performing unit.

I have had nothing but good luck with my 15. Does everything I need it to. Probably more Im sure Im not using it to its fullest potential.

Next year it will go on the bow and I will put color on the dash. What does everyone like for the color units besides the 332c? I want a screen at least as big as the one on my 15.

Steve,

Of course.. if you can spend the money, I would opt for the 111C, or the 110C... But your talking $2,000 bucks after all is said and done, unless you find a killer deal... For the type and the amount of fishing you do, one of these would be sweet!! smile.gif

But, if you are looking at something in the same size, etc as your 15, either the 25C or the 26c HD is what you would want. Either of these will meet your needs and give you what you had with your 15, plus more... Again, a bit spendy, but I think you can shed some money from the purchase as you already have a GPS antenna, and a dual transducer.... So if I am right, all you need is just the unit, everything should just hook up to your old wiring... The difference in the two, the HD just has built in maps to the unit...

Those are what I would look at for a replacement...

Oh, and for people looking for a new unit.. I see Lowrance is coming out with a new line of sonar/gps unit, that has built in antennas... LMS-334C and LMS 339C.. should be another great seller!!

Steve,

If you are going with the bigger color screen and under $1000 then the X-20c and X-25c would be your only options. The X-25c retails for a little over $1000 but you should be able to find one somewhere for less then $1000. The X-25 has more resolution and a little bigger screen 7" compared to 6" on the X-20c They both are high power units at 8000 watts so that can be a good thing for these 2 units. Other the that I think the the LMS series of units are priced well but like mentioned before you already have the gps. That would be a tough decision for me, the X-20 is borderline not enough resolution for me, I have a X-125 that retails at $300 that has better resolution then the x-20 but you do get more then twice the power with the bigger units. Good luck