• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cabo?

Mr. Nailz

Question

Anyone ever fished here? We're going in January and would like to fish. Any info on charter services they have used? Thanks again.

2 answers to this question

I was there 2 winters ago. I think I went just after the New Year. The marlin fishing isn't the best at that time of year, but we did manage 4 Dorado (Mahi Mahi or Dolphin fish). The mate cleaned the fish right away for us and we took the fish back home with us. Some of it was eaten that night and the rest was packed into coolers and was brought back to the states with us. We also spent our evenings casting from shore. BTW, you don't need a fishing license when fishing from shore. Got bit off a few times by a Sierra or something else. We took a charter for 1 day and went through Minerva's. If you're looking to get a charter make sure they're willing to work for the fish (like getting out away from shore) and also let them know you'd like to catch anything. For instance, we hooked up the first Dorado trolling and then the following 3 were caught on live bait. It was an awesome experience. We asked the captain and the mate how they knew where to go to and they said that they watch for birds feeding on bait fish on the surface...guess the Dorado were feeding on them too. Here's a few pics of what we caught...

010220040736xk.jpg

010220040673rj.jpg

Thanks for the reply. We are going the first week in January so it would be fun to go for most anything. Just want to make sure that we don't get hooked up with any shady charters.