• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any fun stories to share?

Bank Beater

It happens every year, somebody plays a prank or something happens to someone that makes you laugh, it's something that makes the hunt memorable. Anybody have something to share about this years hunt?

I took my cousin hunting for the first time in her life this year. She was nervous and excited and everything else that goes along with your first time. Anyways, it was the second morning and I had just shot a Buck, She was sitting with me in the blind. We got to the deer and had started to field dress him. I remembered that there was a rope in the truck that I wanted to use to drag him out of the woods, so I asked her to get the rope, she agreed and off she went. 15 minutes later I heard 3 shots from the direction that she went. I figured something got up in front of her and she got a shot off. I continued to dress the deer and wait for her. another 20 minutes passed and I saw her come over the hill. I quickly asked if she had got one? She answered yes I got a small one. I was excited for her and started to congratulate her and tell her how happy I was. I asked her where it was and she looked at me with a puzzled look and pulled a "small" rope out of her pocket. She had not got a deer, or even saw one, but she did get the "small" rope. She later told me that she didn't even here the shots, and wondered why I was so excited that she got the rope! Have a good one.

Two for ya'.

My dad and I got to our hotel Friday night before season opening (SD) and went to check in. My uncle and cousin-in-law were already there. As we were winding things up with the receptionist, she informed my dad that he was the big winner. He could get one night free if he sang just one karaoke song in the hotel's restaurant that night, but it had to be him that sang. It's not a fancy hotel, but $50 is $50. My dad is not a singer, and definitely not a karaoke singer!!! It was really funny to watch him all night long squirm over that $50. He really wanted the free night, but was scared to death to get up and sing. Turns out my uncle had set it up with the receptionist and would have covered the $50. His $50 bucks were safe, but well worth the risk.

My first deer of the weekend - I took a pretty long broadside running shot at it. After I shot, it kept going up and over a little ridge and I lost sight of it. I checked with the guy next to me and he was sure I missed - it didn't even flinch. Over the ridge, my cousin-in-law started shooting and we figured he got her. So we finished the drive and when we got over the ridge, there was my c-i-l with his first ever deer and another laying 50 yards up the fenceline. I had missed mine, but he hadn't even seen the second one up the fenceline come through. After a 5 minute discussion, we could not figure out who shot the deer. I was down to thinking my c-i-l had shot through his and hit the doe. So I finished pushing one little area and headed back to the deer. Turns out, another guy on a hill near by saw me shoot and saw the water fly from the deer (it was raining) when I hit it. It had ducked up and over the ridge, tried to run through a fence rather than over, and then fell down dead - a good shot through the top of the heart. So there was my first deer of the season and I didn't even know I had gotten it. But the best part - because I wasn't sure and did a little more walking, another guy gutted it out for me before I got back. Should have bought that guy a drink later.

My cousin-in-law shot at a doe opening weekend and could not find it, figured he just wounded it because there was so little blood. So when I came up the following weekend I went to the stand he was in and shot the doe he took a crack at. Here he just skimmed the back. I told him "I'm always cleaning up after you".

The other part of this story was that doe was with another doe that I shot and they both came from the direction of a different cousin-in-laws stand. Apparently the two had been grazing under his stand for a half hour before they came over to me. This other cousin is a real humanitarian type and is only looking for the "trophy" buck so he passed on the two. So when he walked up to me with the two deer on the trail he looked at the one, then looked at the other, and says with no expression on his face "oh....you shot both of them". I had to keep from laughing out loud. They claim I'm banned from the property or in some 8 point club now. I'm sure I'll take some heat from them tomorrow. Oh well....it's all in fun.

The first time I went deer hunting was with my brother in law, it was the middle of the day with nothing happening. So he says come on were gonna rattle up some deer. I had no idea what he was talking about. He says get down here behind some bushes, and be ready cause this really makes the bucks come in. So I hunker down get my gun up and ready to shoot, my heart is racing, my mind is going a mile a minute which one to shoot where are they all gonna come from, I hope they don't run us over or attack us. Well he had me so wired up being I was a novice I probably couldn't even have hit one. Needless to say no deer attacked us or even showed to my b-i-l rattle party. I told him later what was going thru my mind, we still have a good laugh about it. tongue.gif

I had some turkeys that were roosting in the trees right near my stand. I was just about to get out of my tree stand and noticed that a 10 point buck had came into the area. The buck was spooked by the turkeys moving in the trees. The buck ran right in front of my stand. It was getting dark and I pulled back and took a shot at at him. He didn't even move, droped dead in his tracks. I hit right in the heart.Needless to say those turkeys helped me out.

Quote:

Geeze, you guys sure have a lot of in-laws. Cousins-in-law, brothers-in-law.
smirk.gif

I guess its better than hunting with OUTlaws!!! wink.gif

My brother-in-law & I were bowhunting the last half of the week before opening day of gun season. We decided to go hunt over at my Dad's neighbor's where I had permission. We're pulling in there & can see two guys standing by a grain bin unloading a wagon. He says hey why don't you introduce me to the neighbor, as he'd never met him, I said no problem. I'd glanced at both guys & knew that it was my Dad talking to the neighbor. My Dad was wearing a blue jacket. I was pretty sure he hadn't looked close enough to see who it was, I suppose he was just thinking he wouldn't know either guy. As we're pulling in I tell him it's the guy in the blue jacket. We hop out of the truck & are just about to the guys when my brother-in-law calls me a jerk or something, as he finally realizes the guy in the blue jacket is his father-in-law. Then what's also funny is he thinks the guy my Dad is talking to is actually the neighbor's son, as he's only in his twenties, & he had it in his head that he was like in his 50's.

My grandpa ripped a fart in his deer stand that was so loud that even at 150-200 yards away it stunned me. Had to think about it for a minute to decide that it was really what I thought it was. Turned into one of those situations where trying to not laugh just means you shake and giggle for 10 minutes. Dad was on the other side of him about the same distance away and we both actually checked on him to make sure he didn't knock himself out of the tree.

Guy from out west once hung his rear over a log to do you know what... wearing a one piece suit and part of it slipped under the log - really cold out and after being 'exposed' to the wind zipped up quick and flipped his hood up!!!! guess what was in it frown.giffrown.gifblush.gif

isssshhhh. laugh.gif

Same guy another year answering the same call dropped his pants and did his business and only after zipping everything back up realized there was a father and son tucked behind a rock about 50 yards directly behind him... He said the blank stares they had on their faces as he turned and saw them was something he will always remember. grin.gif

Again I'll make the claim that the one universal truth to the universe is that "farts are always funny"

well this wasnt funny at the time but now that i look back at it, i think it was.

we were gettin ready to pack it up and head home for the week. our shack is abotu 4 miles in the woods from our trucks. so we had all are stuff packed on the 4 wheelers and started heading to the trucks. we had one deer with us in a trailer. we get to the truck pack everything up and i head ack to hook the trailer to my uncles 4 wheeler that was staying longer and needed the trailer to get out. i get about 1/4 of a mile away from the trucks and the 4 wheeler dies on me. so i checked to see if it was out of gas, there was plenty of gas. and the battery was dead so i had to kick start it. after kicking it about 30 times i was alittle tired so i sat on the wheeler. i get back up and start kicking and i hear a moan. i look in the woods about 15 yards in and there ol bullwinkle lookin right at me and comin at me. i think after that i had the kicker on the wheeler goin at about 50 kicks a second. i get it started and made tracks back to the truck. when i got back i checked my pants and told they guys what had happened.

iceman

This happened a few years ago up in Solana State Forest, we were in a tent trailer camped by Porcupine Lake with my hunting buddy and his son. On the other side of the road was four brothers, ages 30 down to fifteen. We had a camp fire and they came over to talk with us and tell a few stories. The two younger brothers had to use the outhouse that was up in the woods about 50 yards or so, so they took a flashlight and headed up there. All of a sudden they come running back and said there was a wolf on the trail. After further checking it was a stump with two growths that made it look like ears sticking out. So we all had a good laugh, but the next oldest brother really was rubbing it into the younger two. After a couple hours they went back to the tent camper and I could still hear the older brother giving it to his two younger brothers. So I snuck over to there trailer and this older brother was leaning against the screen with his back, I let out a heck of a growl and raked my finger nails across the screen, needless to say this brother went right thru the door without opening it. The oldest and the two youngest brothers are just rolling with laughter and saying I love it. THEN - I knew there would be retalization, so rather that going into our tent trailer, I slipped back under the overhang and waited. Sure enough here came the brother and just about the time he was going to rake our canvas side, I let out a growl and grabbed him by the legs, this poor guy was shaking so bad he couldn't hardly walk back to his trailer. They did gets us back the next morning as we headed out to our stands.

Three years ago opening morning of deer hunting we were all getting ready to head to our stands. Everybody was ready and had all theri stuff so off we went.

Because of the smallest woods we hunt we all hunt from elevated stands and don't do much pushing or putting on drives.

Well Mike, a friend, gets to his stand and finds he doesn't have his rifle in the car. Off he goes back to the shack to get the rifle. We see the head lights come back and figure he is now ready. Nope, he got to his stand and he had forgotten his shells. We see the car lights turn on again and head back to the shack. They were gone a little longer this time seems he had to take time to use the bathroom. Back he comes, now its about 20 minutes before legal shooting time so we figure he's back for good. Nope, sure enough he forgets something else, his thermos of hot coffee, back be goes. Gets to his stand about 10 minutes after legal shooting time - bangs, clangs and rattles everything he possibly can getting into his stand.

Along about 9am there's shooting all around but nothing coming from Mike. We've got a couple of deer down so people are gathering to help gut and drag but no Mike. My brother goes to check on Mike since he's my brothers friend. No Mike. Mike had forgotten his license so he had taken off back to the shack to find it. While there he flipped on the radio and sat down tohave a cup of coffee and left over rolls and fell asleep.

Now I suppose a good ending to this would be that Mike shot the biggest baddest buck in seven counties but NO, in fact he never even say a deer.

Sunday evening as we're sitting around a fire getting ready to head back home in the morning Mike brings out a bottle of aged Brandy and pours everyone a drink. He lifts his glass and toasts the "best time deer hunting he's ever had even though he never got to see a deer".

I don;t think he actually spent more then 5 hours total in his deer stand. I think he is one of those people who just likes the company rather then then hunt.

Mike still comes along and everyone makes sure he is set to go in the mornings. He still hasn't seen a deer, we figure he sleeps in his stand, but every year Sunday night out comes the Brandy.