• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rifle Lube

Ryan_V

What do you guys use for lube on your rifle?? I have always used LSA, but i'm almost out and it's hard to come by. Is CLP as good??? I'd like to find some more LSA. I have a remmington 700 .308 that I use the LSA on.

As Lawdog said, I too use LPS products along with Shooters Choice products. LPS 1 very lightly on trigger assy and on firing pin spring assy. Shooters Choice Bolt Grease on the bolt lugs and where the shroud screws onto the aft end of the bolt. LPS 2 on the action/bolt rails. And LPS 2 (IMHO) is the best all purpose lube/protectent/preventative to use for general wipe down on all surfaces. I have a "gun wipe down rag" that I spray LPS 2 on and then wipe all surfaces even pass a patch thru the bore after cleaning prior to placement in the safe.. Been using it for better than 10 yrs with no issues and great protection. Never gummed up anything or let me down.. Most LPS products meet applicable Mil-Specs for lubrication/corrosion protection....

Rod