Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fisherman_12006

ice fishing

fisherman_12006    0
fisherman_12006

im down from the cities and was wondering if any one has been ice fishing yet on red lake?

Random guy    1
Random guy

We have time, let the ice get good and safe before we start making road trips from the cities and pushing the limits. I am a Waskish native and you will not catch me out on early ice on Red, one good wind and you will be deep water trolling with you ice rods if you are fortunate enough not to be standing on a crack when it bust apart. She is a big unforgiving water. I always worry about my fellow sportsmen trying to be the first ones out on Red. We do not need to start the URL ice season off on the wrong foot. Plus that is one very long walk from shore to get to the fish, and even a longer walk back soaking wet in the cold.

KidWalleye    0
KidWalleye

Well put Jon. Nobody wants get up to Red more than me. But I don't need to be the first guy out either. It seems the 4 inch ice rule barely applies up there. I've seen a real good sheet of ice on Red turn to ice chunk soup in a matter of a day. Anyways lets all plat it safe and we'll have a blast up there, and catch all the fish we want. Good Luck everyone, Kid

12lb8oz    0
12lb8oz

I was out yesterday. I drove out in a 4 door, crew cab Chevy pulliing my 18 foot long fish house. I had the extension with but I didn't need to use it.

Desperado    0
Desperado

hey,twelve and a half pound

what length extension did you not need?

also does anyone know where they're going to put the pressure ridge this year?

and is Patsy planning to move it anytime during this ice season?

12lb8oz    0
12lb8oz

I had the 8" extension with but didn't need it. But I can't wait until I do need it.

kelly-p    283
kelly-p

12 1/2 pound didn't need the extension but the 8 foot periscope came in real handy. smile.gif

I really cann't believe it. People are talking about getting out on the ice before "Shorty" has even been out there. confused.gif We all know it is safe 2 (TWO) weeks AFTER "Shorty's" first trip out there.

Yes Patsy will probably move the ridges. You know kinda like the decorating thing, "I think it would look better over there. No, that's not right, move it a little to the left. No, that's not right either, put it back where it was FOR NOW." grin.gif

MJP    0
MJP

Great analogy Kelly, about both subjects. I am already nervous for the first van ride Shorty is going to give me out on the lake to see his road. And Patsy moving the things around, well, I better stay out of that one. She is a friend of mine and I would like to keep it that way. See you next week.

Matt Phelps

[Note from admin: please read forum policy befor eposting again]

fisherman_12006    0
fisherman_12006

i was up there for the first time a few years ago and the ice shifted when i was in my shack i though i was goin down that was the quickest i have ever seen my self jump out of my shack hahahha.

pike fisher 02    0
pike fisher 02

this report is from rogers campground

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Just came off the lake and everything looks good as far as I walked, found the ice to be 5 to 6 inches all the way out to 8 tenths of a mile, that is where I encountered my fist big crack. I could have stepped over it easily but I chose not too. I did leave a marker where I stopped and it is very close to where I started off last year, I did not check the depth but it should be close to 12 feet deep