• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ground Blinds

Studer

I have owned a Ameristep Doghouse and currently have a Carbon Hunter, both good blinds but if I have the $$$, it would be the Double Bull Matrix!! I was in one a Cabela's and I think it would be a dream to hunt from.

I have the Double Bull.

Lots of money compared to most, but if you have the cash, go for it.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Double Bull but no firsthand experience. I arrowed a doe out of an Ameristep Doghouse this year and had many more in range at different times so it did the job. I like it because its small and if brushed in, very well camoed. The price was also right to experiment with a blind - just over $50 at Fleet Farm when it was on sale. The downside is that it's small. You have to do a little manuevering to draw and shoot. I draw back facing one of the corners and then slowly swing to one of the shooting portholes. You also pretty much have to shoot sitting or kneeling, both of which present no problems to me. But if you like to shoot standing, check out a blind that allows you to do that.

I dont know of any blind made that you can stand and shoot in. It would have to be 7-8 ft tall in order to accomodate the limbs on your bow if you were standing.

Ameristep makes a blind you stand up in and shoot your bow from. It's called the penthouse. I have one and it works great. I'm 6'6" and can easily stand and shoot from it. A tall blind is also nice for those long days hunting, you can stand up straight and stretch without leaving the blind. I think I paid around $180 for it.