Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Jones

fatty pics

9 posts in this topic

Brian45x22%232.jpg

45x22 inch

5-01-05%20064.jpg

36-37 inch

Late season fishing is growing on me...

Hey Brian,

Nice looking fish!!!

Aaron

I believe I watched Brian catch this one from a ways off. She went in the air and around the boat and under a few times. The day before the Muskie tournament right ??

Aaron,

Couldn't have had such a great pic without a good netman and camerman! This is a fish I hope one of us can encouter when she is over 50"!

Buck my friend, the one you saw me do battle with was 49.5 inches long but not quite as fat. How is everything in the flat lands? Did you bag any big BUCKS yet?

Hi Brian, I have not harvested a deer with the bow yet and I'm actually getting frustrated with the whole plan. I may just wait for gun season. I gave up the month of October which was just right for fishing weather wise for bow hunting. I did find a new lake down here for pan fish which has turned out real good. We are both in good health and ready for spring and Cass Lake. Happy Thanksgiving BUCK

Buck,

That is all very good news...except the deer hunting part smirk.gif Will we see you on the ice at all this winter? Hope you and all the other Cass Nuts have a good Turkey day too!

Nice fish Brian,Don't know if me and Buster are coming up in 06 or not yet.I have a furlough in June we are still planning.I tagged a nice 8 with the bow this year, but not as big as the hog I got last year.

CFD, you are still welcome to join our party in June...

Texan

I'm still trying to figure out what my brother is going to do.I'm definitely coming up in June.My furlough starts on the 17th,when are you guys going up?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      Stopped in this morning and it looks like it should be good to go. 
    • ZachD
      http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/fish/eating/kidmom/index.html
    • ZachD
      The Rum has been dropping in flow and water level since the 20th from St Francis down if that helps    
    • ZachD
    • CaptJohnWis
      Fishing awful this morning. Launched at 8:30. By 12:30 had exactly two small pike. Finally found some walleyes and ended up with 22 fish - NO BASS! bummer. Water cold - only 61-64 degrees. Weather man blew it again. Walleyes in about 20 FOW, best lure Lunker City Fin-S-Fish.   New camera worked well but had troubles with new sonar/GPS. Think I got it fixed once home.   Here is today's video: June 26 video  
    • Gerkmaster
      We took our annual trip to Rainy Lake in mid-June staying at Taylor's Cove along Bear's Pass.  My dad started going there back in the late 70's and now brings me and my son.  Every year provides great memories, new and old.  Anyhow, fishing was very good, particularly for bass and walleye. Water temps ranged from 62-72 degrees.  Most days were about 75 degrees, overcast and breezy.  Our biggest smallmouth was 22" and biggest walleye was 30".  In fact we boated ten walleye 25" or larger.  We caught pike up to 37".  We found walleyes in weedy bays around 6-10' deep.  Bass were in 5-8'.  Most of the fish were spitting up perch so I imagine that's what kept them shallow.  A few pics to share.  Wish I could be there more often...
    • blue_healer_guy
      I live 10 min from cabelas and they have like 4 trolling motors on the floor.... dont like buying something i cant look at.
    • h8go4s
      You can't find one? How much do they cost? Try Cabela's for starters.All the I-Pilot and I-Pilot Link models have Spot-lock.   http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=terrova   https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Freshwater-Bow-Mount/New-Terrova/
    • DLD24
      Nice, I'll have to start fishing it more and learn it.
    • Maverick1951
      You can find crappies and sunfish anywhere on the like around the pencil reeds and/or cabbage.  One of the best spots is right in front of the resort, but don't limit yourself there as there are plenty of spots all over the lake for pan fish.  The nice part is that you will probably also catch bass while going for pan fish.  Good luck and remember to give other fisherman plenty of room.  No reason to fish close to others.