Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
kevfish

4 wheel drive light/Dodge truck

Question

kevfish

My 4 wheel drive light has started to come on in my 1998 Dodge Ram pickup. Sometimes it is on--- sometimes offf--- and other timis it kind of flickers. Anyone have any ideas what may cause this?????

5 answers to this question

18 inch Crappie

The switch tells the light to turn on and off, give a dealer a call and talk to the service manager and ask him what part to replace. Worked for me in the past. grin.gif

SteveWilson

I have a GMC Suburban and the lights on my 4-wheel selector kept changing (not the gears itself). I ended up having to replace the switch; fairly easy to do and the part wasn't that bad

Jeremy airjer W

The switches are really common on the Chevy/GMC trucks! I haven't ran into any of the Dodges with this problem yet. I'll ask around tonight and post if I hear anything!

Powerstroke

Could be the switch and it could also be the sensor in the transfer case that confirms it is engaged. Also could be a short at the bulb.

Either way, I would believe that your 4wd works just fine, but your light/sensor/switch will need replacing.

Valv

There is a switch on transfer case, it's the only one on it, check if it's plugged correctly, and if it is trace wires to see if there's a cut or short somewhere.

It's better to eliminate all the easy fixes before replacing switch.

I wiush I knew it 1 month ago, I just threw away my truck's transfer case, and switch was still there.