Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
dirtydog

Is it getting slow, or is it me?

dirtydog    0
dirtydog

That Dirty dog eyeguy caught one more fish than me today, again. He also caught the largest fish. Well, at least it was a nice day (for Nov 20th) tongue.gif. I'm not sure how much more I'm going to get out. eyeguy and I were talking about trying around Monti the next time it's in the 40's. Hopefully that won't be until May grin.gif. Anybody else still getting some (fish)? smirk.gif

smallie_hawgin    13
smallie_hawgin

Nope it isn't just you. Water temps on my graph yesterday showed 33.7!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! No wonder all I could muster up was one smally, a unintentionally foul hooked cat and a dink northern. But, I did notice a couple of other guys out that were using minnows with no aparent luck.... So I guess just catching a few is ok.....crazy.gif

A bit chilly out for this kid even with the cold gear on. I spent all of 2.5 hours fishing. Might have to opt for some warmer water the next time.... grin.gif

dirtydog    0
dirtydog

Where do they go? It seems like either they are still in the same spots but aren't feeding, or they move. What are the cold water patterns for the river smallies? confused.gif

HawgTide    0
HawgTide

The go to Sartell! Actually, I think they just stop feeding for the most part. They won't chase anything because they are conserving energy. It has to be easy picking for them. It looks like the boat is gonna be put up for the year now. Cold weather all this week! Boo!

Royce Aardahl    0
Royce Aardahl

Time to let the arms heal up for next season. wink.gif Time to let the smallies relax for a bit. Time for us to all go crazy waiting for spring. crazy.gif

river rat316    130
river rat316

Its a very sad time of year! Boats put away, already going through withdrawls, we should have a magnet event in March on pool 2!

BigMike    0
BigMike

I'll hopefully be down on Pool 2 and 4 for early spring bassin'. Pool 2 has some good bass, but you've got to weed out the mixed bag... lots of sheepies, dogfish, crappie, eyes, dink snakes, etc... Prime example - this summer on my way out fishing on the upper 'sippi, had an extra 45 minutes, swung by a shore spot & on 4 consecutive casts caught 4 different fish (smallie, pike, 'eye, & white bass)

Either way - I've got all my gear stored for the winter. time to start tuneups on reels, clean the tackle bag out, get my stuff organized, etc...

Kevin Turner    1
Kevin Turner

I ain't wet a line since Mid October...

river rat316    130
river rat316

I feel for you KT... by the way what the F is wrong with that Rockhopper dude on that other site what an @ss

Kevin Turner    1
Kevin Turner

RR, I try not to stir the pot, but I've had enough of his bull ****.

river rat316    130
river rat316

He's a jerk and he knows it, half the members of that site are one step away from being peta members, anyway... I guess if he ever really watched the boat perform he might just shut his mouth, instead of just looking at the top speed!

Royce Aardahl    0
Royce Aardahl

man now you gotta tell us what site and all so we can check this out

Kevin Turner    1
Kevin Turner

I'd be happy to forward the site addy. Drop me a email.

It is a river smallmouth site, mainly east coast guys. 99% are great guys.

Rock Hopper likes to "poke the bear" every so often. He works for the PA DNR and doesn't think highly of me or RiverPros, but he's harmless.

MSRiverdog    5
MSRiverdog

I am now convinced a 16 is in order. grin.gifgrin.gif

jet man    0
jet man

KT, you have mail. I am hoping to get out on the river over thannksgiving. It may have to be in 30 degree temps. My deer hunting is done with the Wisconsin opener finished. Going after some Chinese Chickens this weekend for a couple days and then the river. My 40 th straight year at deer opener with my Father who is 83, I count my blessings ever day that I get to enjoy with him. He will be pheasant hunting with us this week end. Too many things I want to do (dang work gets in the way lol).

Hopefully the weather guys are wrong about the temps this week. lol

Royce Aardahl    0
Royce Aardahl

This was the nicest one from last Sunday. A bit over 18. Man was it CHILLY!!

dsc012549lr.jpg

Mark Christianson    0
Mark Christianson

I like that camo/purple combo. Kinda cute... grin.gif

Royce Aardahl    0
Royce Aardahl
tongue.gif it's the new in look for guys that can catch 20 inchers wink.gif.