Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

gunflint

Was that one of us?

Northlander

No it wasnt. At least not that I know of. Either way its too bad what happened. My prayers go out to the families involved.

hcrider

It's tragic what happened, but it should be a reminder to all of us that boat (especially on the big lake) that when a situation gets bad, saving a boat from damage is not worth a serious injury or death.

I can't say for certain what I would have done in this guys situation, but I would have considered myself very lucky to be alive when the thing hit the rocks to begin with--and if I was thinking clearly, I wouldn't have tried to delay the inevitable by doing what happened here.

HCRider

upnorth

What a nasty way to go frown.gif Feel sorry for friends and family. Hopefully no one else makes a mistake like that.

Northlander

Yes a very bad situation. This is exactly why on Lake Superior you are to have a good anchor and at least 100' of rope. I think a anchor tossed out would have taken care of the whole deal but thats in hindsight ofcourse.

Just a reminder for anyone who this may happen to in the future.

Also when sending out a distress call be very specific as to location, GPS coords if possible.

Again the family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Steve Foss

So far, I still have no idea what happened here.

Northlander

Steve the guy was on the Big Lake right in front of the boardwalk and his motor died I guess. With no power he drifted to shore and his boat was getting beat up on the rocks. He jumped out and stood on the rocks and tried to hold the boat off the rocks. Well he slipped in and got crushed between the rocks and boat.

His distress call was too vague and the coast guard didnt find him right away.

outdoor ran

Thoughts and prayers to the family. What a tough way to go. Boy the big lake has sure taken its toll this year.

upnorth

Part of me says how stupid and then I try and put myself in his shoes and I could see myself trying to save my boat too!! Still a real sad thing frown.gif

Steve Foss

Thanks Steve. That would be a hellish situation to be in.