• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How was Saturday night?

Kab Dreamin

Fishing was tough in the SE corner of the lake. Three guys, 5.5 hours, 2 fish boated, 1 missed. How was the fishing on the weed line on the west side? Does anyone think it had to do with the water level being up?

we did poorly - no fish - non - zero - fished rocks all over the south end - dont try it - waste of time.....

We caught a dozen walleyes on husky jerks on the west side. There were fish in the weeds if you could keep the crap off your bait. Biggest fish was 25" most others were 15-19's. A week earlier we missed a bunch of fish, this week none came loose. Is anybody else getting Full Moon Fever? Is this going to be a smaller fish year?

Seems the West Side was the better bet this weekend. Fished on Sunday eve and the wind was out of the southeast. I'm a big fan of fishing on the windward side and it has paid off well this year. Fished 6 hours and boated 10, the biggest 20". Half were caught with slip bobber/leech and half pulling cranks in 6 FOW. Also caught a bonus 18" smallie at night and a gill net. Must have been a tribal net, I certainly wasn't expecting one.

where did you hit the net? did it have a dnr tag on it? did you keep it? were there any fishi in it?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

where did you hit the net? did it have a dnr tag on it? did you keep it? were there any fishi in it?

We found 3 nets on the tip of Sherman's and into wigwam bay. We ended up not seeing one in time and yes it had several eyes in it. I assume it was a DNR nets as I've heard they are surveying the lake right not and it was a higher quality gill net with flagged marker bouys. I've also heard there are nets on Indian point as well although I didn't personally see them while I was there.

As of last night there was still one net in Wigwam bay. It was a DNR net and we didn't go over and check it for fish.

None off of Indian Point that I could see

Fished friday eve, 730 to 1030pm, one fish, 14", pulling crankbaits, fising solo on Myr Mar Reef...Saturday, fished 600 to 730pm, limited out w/ 4 from 16-19", quit and headed in, fished solo, same place, SE wind was pretty tough, only two other boats both nights, all fish came in 9' of h20, none deeper or shallower

It looks like I will have to abandon the SE and East sides and head for the west this weekend.

The net I hit was on the North side of Indian Point, about mid way about 10' from shore. Couldn't tell if it was a tribal net or a DNR one. It was marked with 2 red colored bleach jugs. I snagged it in the middle and yes, there was a number of 'eyes in it. Was able to get my lure out of it and just left it. I assumed it was a tribal net because I had read that they were still netting because they had not reached their quota.

Fished Sat. night: 2 guys, 4 hrs of fishing, 3 eyes from 18"-20" all in 5'-6' water on shad raps. We were fishing the west side on shoreline rocks. Caught 2 on the calm side of the point (much warmer there) and one on the windward side.

Beautiful night, but I wish there would've been more moon.

You guys who have been hitting 'em good: how fast have you been trolling? We tried slow (1mph) to pretty fast (2.5mph) and caught all 3 at different speeds?!? Any pattern that you guys have noticed?

Fished Sat. night: 2 guys, 4 hrs of fishing, 3 eyes from 18"-20" all in 5'-6' water. Caught 2 on the calm side of the point (much warmer there) and one on the windward side.

Beautiful night, but I wish there would've been more moon.

Three small eyes out in front of barnacles sat. nite only fished for about two hrs. They were small but they tasted (Contact US Regarding This Word) good!