Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
greggles

jumping deer going to your stand

greggles

saturday afternoon I was going to my stand when I jumped a 8 point buck about ten feet from me. I had no shot at him so I just got down low and watched him run about 80 yards into a woods and put his tail down. My question is how long do you wait to go to your stand and will that deer come back.

Stratosman

Most the time if you jump a deer, it does not know that you are a human unless it winded you. It has happend twice to me this year and one of the times I saw the same deer after I climbed into my stand. As far as how long to wait, that all depends on the circumstances and is a judgment call on your part. I usually go right to the stand.

bottomdweller

I agree with Stratos, I like to get there quickly afterwards, so I dont linger and leave scent.