• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anything going on on the Rainy as of late?

Hey all, anything happening worth mentioning up there? Too many places to fish and soo little time... sigh sigh.....

• 2 weeks later...

Sturgeon, sturgeon, sturgeon! Had a few groups just fishing for sturgeon, most doing great! Northern Pike has been fast and furious. Walleyes and saugers are just starting to hit, lots of the 12" to 14" right now. We have had a few in the 16" to 18" range but more small ones. A few smallmouth bass have been caught and released. Just waiting on the water temperatures to go down some before the walleye action picks up.

Yeah Baby!!

Fiskyknut, walleyejon, and myself will be trying to hussle up some sturgeon on Saturday over that way.

Hanson, you are taking your life into your own hands when you go fishing with those two jokers! By the time you read this, I'm sure you will have been back already. I'm going out with these guys at the end of October. Should be fun. We're taking 1dirtball along for the ride also.

OH man, I need to get my but up there soon.... With Beet harvest starting it will be tough but I need the Rainy fix. lol...

My apologies for not making it Chris and Fisky. My brother's family came up from Texas to ride out the storm, and I had to pick them up at the airport etc. I still haven't heard how you guys ended up doing?

Hey there John, I am in the need for a monster Rainy fix very soon......... How about you?

Hey Jon-

We didn't end up making it out on the Rainy. Thats alright that you couldn't make it. I understand that things come up and don't have a problem going with the flow.

Thankfully, I nailed this pig over on the Red so I was pretty happy for the weekend.

chris36bchannel0923057ax.jpg

Isnt anyone fishing the Rainy River lately? Must be too much shooting going on up there. smirk.gif

Fished rainy this past weekend with little success. We filled out both days, but the keepers all came off of Pine island in the main lake (17 fow). We fished out of Vidas (down to Clementson) and Frontier (up and down river) as well as in town (airport, etc) all the way down to the mouth and nobody seemed to be doing really well in the river. We saw a llot of boats catching dinks and the odd keeper. I talked to a guy who pulled a 28 out in front of the Dutchman, but that was a fluke by his own admission (he said it looked like a river fish). I think its just too early and the rain earlier last week colored the river up just enough to turn the shiners off. Oh well, maybe next time.

Just got back from a week up there! the bite is on! As of thur. the eyes were in the river biting on gold 1/2 oz. jig and shiners. Look anywhere from 4 mile to the air port in 18-22ft of water ,good luck!its a blast.

Heading up there with the Brother-in-law & another buddy next Thursday. One of these years we're going to hit it at the right time! We plan on fishing until Sat., then heading to North Dakota to hunt ducks. Man I'm glad it's finally fall!! grin.gif

Fishing is improving this past week, can't report the shiners are running here. Seen a group of small one on the side of the dock, maybe the nice sized ones will come in soon. confused.gif

Report of a few 27 inchers and 28 1/2" this past week, nothing fast and furious, although anglers are starting to catch some nicer slot size fish. Still lots of small ones biting.

3 guys fished Fri-Sat-Sun. Fished Frontier area Friday & Saturday 8AM-6PM. Caught 20 walleyes Fri & 16 walleyes Sat. Hit the Gap Sun morning from 8AM-11AM and tried a little deeper water (22ft). Caught 28 walleyes with biggest for the weekend 19". Wind was difficult all weekend.