Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paullyb

woman lake

5 posts in this topic

ill be on woman lake this weekend and coming week, any tips for norther, walleye, bass, or muskie. thanks

paul

Northerns should not be a problem use what ever method you prefer but sum work better than others fish weed edges same for bass walleyes are spotty but can be had prepare to do some searching but they are biting on crawlers and light pike sucker minnows if you fish the minnows you will catch all of the above a bent rod is not a bad thing crawlers will get you more walleyes there has also been some walleye action on leechs but you will feed some perch vary your depth they are scatered.

Is there still a restriction on Woman for northerns? Last year I thought I saw that none over 24" or so could be kept.

You have to let every thing between 24 and 36 inchs go and keep one over 36 this is the third year of the slot on northerns. I am catching more pike that are in the slot so it seems to be inproving the average size still plenty of eating size pike in the system.

for pike troll divers in the 12 to 18 fow range, chrome in the sun firetiger all others, broadwater bay be the best target, don't forget girl lake either