Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

fishkid

in 2 weeks i will be staying at my uncles cabin on grave lake. And we will have a boat to go to different lakes around there cause there is soo many. And i was wondering if there are any muskie lakes around there.

Esoxmn

North Star is only a few miles north.

Jason Boser

deer, moose, big fork river,winnie all are good for muskies

Jason

buzzin for bass

is the big fork big enough for a boat, or canoe only?

Jason Boser

it will take a boat nothing to huge though

Jason

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JerkinLips
      I think that the 4 I caught this winter were tulibees, including this one yesterday. I think that the 4 I caught this winter were tulibees, including this one yesterday.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      That last gill is a STUD Rick nice work!
    • monstermoose78
      Nice fish rick and thanks for letting them go!!
    • tca12
      Went out to Otter Lake (next to Bald Eagle) on Wednesday, a lake filled with hammerhandles and could barely make out three small pike in the dirty water before giving up.  Was up on a lake in the Horseshoe chain that is also supposed to be filled with small pike and saw zero but the wife caught a small on a tip-up.  At least a big catfish came in and sat at the bottom of the hole for well over an hour.
    • Rick G
      Only a few tiny ones..... Pays to get the hell away from the crowd...  
    • Wanderer
      That’s a bucket list trip for me.  No reason that I haven’t been there yet outside of the fact it isn’t in my normal territory.  And that’s an ironic statement for me to make! Come to think of it, I should just plan it and go.  It’ll never happen otherwise.  Anybody got any pointers for heading that direction?  I wouldn’t even know where to start.  Pretty self sufficient for gear and travel and could figure it out eventually but a helping hand or even a guide reference would be appreciated.
    • Jim Almquist
      The ice is gone now. More than likely won't be anymore this year.
    • Tom Sawyer
       that reminds me the batteries on that GPS tracker hid somewhere on your truck are running low. The red blinking light on the base unit here at home, sure has been annoying. Can't believe it showed you were out fishing in the wind, close to home anyway, today. 
    • kelly-p
      Upper Red nears record winter harvest Ice fishing on Upper Red Lake has slowed in recent weeks, but the walleye harvest is on track to set or approach a wintertime record, numbers from an annual winter creel survey show. According to Henry Drewes, regional fisheries supervisor for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources in Bemidji, anglers through January had kept about 125,000 pounds of walleyes. The wintertime high for Minnesota's portion of the lake was slightly more than 140,000 pounds in 2015, DNR statistics show. Anglers harvested 109,327 pounds of walleyes in the winter of 2017, according to DNR creel survey results. "If we have an average February, we'll be right in that area" of 140,000 pounds, Drewes said. "Catch rates and pressure have really tapered off in the last (few weeks). I think that's related to winter fatigue and a slower bite." Wheel houses, which have exploded in popularity among winter anglers in recent years, now account for more than 80 percent of the ice fishing pressure on Upper Red, Drewes said. Anglers on Upper Red can keep four walleyes, of which only one can be longer than 17 inches. Walleye and northern pike season on Upper Red and other Minnesota inland waters closes Sunday, Feb. 25 and reopens Saturday, May 12. The Minnesota DNR manages 48,000 acres of Upper Red, while the remaining 72,000 acres are within the boundary of the Red Lake Indian Reservation and managed by the Red Lake Band of Chippewa. -- Brad Dokken Grand Forks Herald
    • monstermoose78
      Same for me on Green by Princeton once it got dark the fish started biting. I was marking them and only had 4 bites while the sun was up. 
  • Share & Have Fun