• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thorne Brothers

Dan Thiem

Field and Stream August's edition has an article on the ten best tackle shops in America. See page 80. Thorne Brothers made the list. Impressive!

I saw that as well Dan. One of my favorite stores!

That reminds me, I need to pick up a few more ice fishing rods for this coming season. grin.gif

Very Cool!!! Now they need to think about expanding to St.Cloud, Brainerd, or another central Minnesota location. smile.gif

Good Luck,

Corey Bechtold

Quote:

sure would like one down south here.

*nod* The closest I've been to a Thorne Brothers was thumbing thru their catalog at work. grin.gif

Doesn't surprise me that Thorne Bros was mentioned, they have a store full of outstanding people and outstanding anglers. It's a very friendly atmosphere inside Thorne Bros and they certainly know their stuff! I'd consider it one of the most unique fishing stores I've ever frequented. Always a fun and worthwhile stop when in search of fishing equipment, knowledge or just a little BSin.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I think that the avatar is weak and sorry...........

Disrepectful and lacking of taste.......

Respect is EARNED.

Thorne Bros. is a great store, I don't know how you musky guys do it, I'd have to sell the dog to be able to afford some of those lures. grin.gif

Gander Mountain has really turned me off lately, too bad we don't have more Thorne Bros. or Marine General type stores in the cities.

They had a segment on WCCO News tonight about the store and them in the Magazine! Cool! grin.gif

Duff....Ditto on the Marine General. I wonderif they've ever had a drunk trip into the back wall?

Quote:

I think that the avatar is weak and sorry...........

Disrepectful and lacking of taste.......

Concur.

James P. Schmitz, USAF Retired

I won't say how I feel about the avatar........but I will say that it is distracting and begging for a pissing match. crazy.gif

Crappie Tom...

Ouch, I think becoming a human Christmas tree would hurt a tad. grin.gif

I apologize for stirring up any trouble at all in regards to my previous avatar. After all, it was just a silly avatar...?

I have removed it from the system.

Regards...

personally i hope to never see another thorne bros store pop up. the reason they have the quality of service, merchandise etc is because they are a small shop, with direct involvement of the owners. trying to expand and get big is what leads us to places becoming like gander mountain and cabelas. personally i will choose to buy stuff from a small "mom and pop" like thornes long before going to a big box retailer with the same crap on the shelves as all the rest!

Call me stupid, but what heck is a friggin avatar?????? I'm soooo confused...

Quote:

I apologize for stirring up any trouble at all in regards to my previous avatar. After all, it was just a silly avatar...?

I have removed it from the system.

Regards...

Having served 20 years in the military it did not strike me as silly. However, I served those 20 years protecting your right to use that silly avatar. I just did not see the humor in it, you did not have to take it off on my account. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Quote:

personally i hope to never see another thorne bros store pop up. the reason they have the quality of service, merchandise etc is because they are a small shop, with direct involvement of the owners. trying to expand and get big is what leads us to places becoming like gander mountain and cabelas. personally i will choose to buy stuff from a small "mom and pop" like thornes long before going to a big box retailer with the same crap on the shelves as all the rest!

I couldn't agree more with you.How often has anyone gone into Gander-mart(they pop up like wal-mart)and you cannot find anyone who knows anything or even just somone to help you out.You have to run somebody over to get their attention and inform them "hey,it's me...a customer".

Now you walk into Thornes and tell me how long it takes for you to get help.Almost as soon as you walk in the door.And not only that,your going to walk out of the store with more knowledge than you came with.If your buying the wrong rod for the bucktails your throwing,they will tell you this.Gander rings you up and sends you on your way.

Is this a thread about an avitar or a ROCKIN !!!!tackle shop ? just curious.

I agree with this too. Every time I go to gander I swear I will never go back. mad.gif It's very true that you have to run down an employee to get some help. They just look at you and walk away. But I always end up going back there because there is nowhere else to go. mad.gifconfused.gif

Thorne Bros is a top notch place to shop and learn. Prices are as good as any other big box shop too. It's sad but until people come back to the old days of being willing to pay a little more for service, the big stores that know nothing, will continue to thrive. I remember back to when people would go into a local mom & pop up in Northern MN and grill the owner about a certain gun to get all the info on it and then drive 20 miles to the nearest Wally World to save $10 on the same gun he just had in his hands. Unfortunately, all we see anymore is Gander-Mart (I like that one) and Cabela's. If you want tackle or what not, they are marginally "ok" but if you want to know how or where to use that tackle, good luck.

Congratulations Thorne Bros. I'll be in later this week to get my special order. Lets see the big stores do that for a guy.

Same here, a new Gander Mart just opened, and I do like their selection and prices, but same old story , they just hire kids that stand around and talk to their friends about what they're gonna do sat night.

Great business, congrats to Thorne Bros. I bought graphite ice fishing blanks back in 1989 from Thorne, built them myself and still using them today!

Thorne Bros. IS a top notch tackle shop with associates that KNOW there stuff. They know the store like the back of their hand in regards to what they carry and what the product is that they carry.

Hats off on their ice-fishing selections! If you haven't put a TB ice rod in your hand, I definately recommend that you try one out this year!