• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've got Cannons on my boat. They are the older Mag 10As with the metal bodies and they are bulletproof. I've had Big Jons and I don't think they compare to the Cannons. I didn't like the booms as much, I had problems with the motors on them and the swivel bases gave me a lot of problems. There are also a couple of newer rigger manufacturers out there that are getting good reviews. If you are looking at buying a new set then I'd suggest you talk with the guys at Marine General. They will look at your boat and help you figure out which is the best for you based on what you are going to be doing with them (yeah, I know...fishing).

Lota Lota...

I like the New Fishlander's. They seem to have improved on the design and I've heard good things about them.

I have a pair of Cannon Armstrongs and a pair of Captian Pack Big Johns.

How about the Cannon Digi-trolls?? Them would be the candy for hugging bottom!

Am from SE Minnesota, where could I go to browse for these downriggers besides Cabelas at Owatonna?

Gander Mt. will have them. If your just looking on line check out Marine General in Duluth, Russ has some good pricing on riggers. Maybe Reeds?