Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Commanche Jim

Just got back from Minnesota

Commanche Jim    0
Commanche Jim

Just got back from a week of touring Minnesota. Few days on Mille Lacs, few on Cass......lots of family stuff, but still managed to get on the lake and boat 2 muskies. Also, my son caught his first and second perch on his own.

Needless to say, it was entertaining watching the sports segments on the 10:00 news up there. "Twins Push for the Playoffs" was the headline on just about every news station starting around last Tuesday.

After this weekend debacle, what's the sports segments saying now?

mnwild    0
mnwild

it now say's "Twins looking forward to next season"

genegodawa    0
genegodawa

Nice to see a couple of today's ESPN headlines are about guys from Chi-town. Didn't see any about guys on the Twins.

Lee blasts NL-leading 28th HR as Cubs beat Pirates

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3766242

White Sox's Garland notches AL-best 14th win

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3766166

Windy City Walleye Hunter    0
Windy City Walleye Hunter

Commanche,

Catch all the big girls you want in Cass, just leave the "eyes" to your ole pale Windy. I leave in 4 days for two weeks on Cass. Hooking up with Brian for 2 day trips and one night booze cruize with my son and a cooler of DOS EQUIS for Mr. Jones. Keep our beloved in shape while I go do battle in the Land of Twink. How am I going to stop myself from asking the bartender at Pike Hole to turn on our beloved Pale Hose. Magic Number is 59, Twins Magic Number is 911.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy

basssmasher*    0
basssmasher*

magic # 911 huh windy?? thats funny ALMOST .. nice to see the KITTENS have lunch on ur pale hose friends... i think MO MAY be on out side a lil bit now believe it or not.. a couple of timely hitz can do wonders 4 a clubs ego!!! GOOOOOOOO TWINSSSSSSS

soldoncass    0
soldoncass

I remember Windy's trip last year, and the SSSSLLLLIIIIDDDDEEEE the lucky sox took that week---so stay as long as you want Windy it'll do the TWIN'S good for sure! Enjoy your trip. ha

Commanche Jim    0
Commanche Jim

Think about this one..........for the Twins to catch the Sox and create this up and coming collapse...........If the Sox just play .500 ball for 3 weeks, the Twins would have to win every single game during that span. That would mean they'd have to win 20 in a row.

You never know. The Sox had they're worst stretch of 20 games (May 9th thru the 30th)......They're worst stretch of the season. They went 10-10..........so anything's possible.

genegodawa    0
genegodawa

Math is certainly not on the Twins side, but stranger things have happened to my Cubbies ('69 Mets, Bartman). And we do have that whole "Windy being in MN for 2 weeks" thing going for us like last year so you never know.

Ah, but you forgot one thing, Gene Gene My Cubbie-Loving Machine. This year I have the secret weapon, THE INJUN!

I am making Commanche Jim the Official Class Monitor while I am gone for the two weeks (actually three weeks since I am taking the wife to Vegas after we get back from Minn for 4 nights to see Barry Manilow (I will be drinking heavily to get thru that one, but, it's her birthday so what you gonna do, right? Any way, I expect a full report from my buddy Commanche when I get back and I expect an emergency meeting if the Twinks get within 8 games of my beloved Pale Hose. Have at it Twinkie-Lovers, I am outta here as of tomorrow!

PierBridge    0
PierBridge

Quote:

Have at it Twinkie-Lovers, I am outta here as of tomorrow!

Have a good one Windy...... grin.gif

enviro08.gif

CNY Tim    0
CNY Tim

Have a safe trip Windy!

I love that cartoon! Ain't it the truth?

Thanks guys, I promise to only keep 14-21 inchers as always.

Looking forward to those Minnesota beauties.

Windy

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

Windy, are you going to be there next Friday? Like I said before we should be arriving at Cass around 9:00-10:00 AM, if you want to connect give me a jingle and we can smoke em that peace pipe. 651-336-3049 Mike

I'll only be on Cass on Friday, Winni on Saturday and Leech on Sunday. I am in a group of four guys, two boats... one other FMer... Shorelunch is his handle. take my number down and get in touch if you want to hook up. What boat will you be in?

SledNeck    4
SledNeck

Quote:

I am taking the wife to Vegas after we get back from Minn for 4 nights to see Barry Manilow

I hope thats a joke.

It's no joke Sled. She loves Barry for some ungodly reason so I got some good tix to the show and we will be watching Barely Manenough sing his songs, I will be drinking heavily, the wife will be watching Barry. Luckily the other 3 nights will be spent at the Texas Hold `Em Table. I try to keep winning at the poker table while my wife keeps pouring money into the one armed bandits. Hey, only in Vegas! Anyway, got to go. MAGIC NUMBER 57!!!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

SledNeck    4
SledNeck

Im a blackjack guy myself in Vegas. $25 a hand and I usually have to leave the table out of exhaustion or plane flight. Ive yet to lose my rear there yet. And Ive probably been there over 50 times.