Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satchmo

Kab Report 7/9 to 7/16

4 posts in this topic

Just returned from another "Family Week" at Pine Aire on central Kab. I must say it was some of the best weather and fishing we've had on our annual July trips. My 10 year old took me to school again. I guess that's why I bring him along. It is definately a morning/evening thing going right now, with a few scattered daytime bites. We caught over 40 slot fish, a dozen over the slot and about 20 undersized fish throughout the week. With young boys, I decided to "Bobber-UP" and work the main lake reefs for the majority of our fishing. Working the edges where they make contact with both deep water and rock piles seemed to be the ticket. There was another group at the resort that did very well in the School Teacher area running bottom bouncers with spinners and crawlers. The mud areas seem to be slowing down along with the bug hatch.

One of the biggest highlights for me this week was taking out Niles' neice Robin for an evening of fishing when my crew went on their kayak adventure with Watsons. Prior to that day, she had only caught 2 walleyes in her entire life. That changed very quickly on Wednesday evening. We anchored up at 7:30 and by 9:30 we had caught 18 fish with 11 in the slot. You should have seen that girl shine. I just sat back and kept slapping on the leeches. grin.gif

Take care all, and good luck. Greg

We're due in to Pine Aire on the 30th. It's good to hear the walleyes are active. Hopefully, that will continue for a few more weeks because I'm looking forward to a little shore lunch action. Did you fish in Lost Bay and if so, any action down there?

K.D.--Had a little smallmouth action in Lost Bay, but did not fish it for 'eyes. A few of the guys at the resort reported some catches from down there though. I may be slipping back up to Pine Aire on the 30th as well. Depends on the wifes vacation pool after the shutdown. If we get up there I'll fill you in on all the gory details. Greg grin.gif

We'll be in cabin 6 and have a blue Alumacraft Trophy 190. If you make it up, come find me and we can compare fish stories.