Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Knute78

No Stinki' Bugs/Ticks

Knute78

This product is of intrest to any early season deer archery fanatics. Me being one of those, I was wondering if anyone used this product (No stinkin' Bugs by Robinson Outdoors) last fall. I was thinking about it but when I sprayed the No Stinkin' Bugs Unscented at home to see if it was truly odorless I thought it smelled like Off bug spray.

I don't know if it is true or not but to me if I can smell it the deer will certainly be able to smell it. I use other Robinson Outdoor products (clothing and scentfree products) and trust they know what they are doing when it comes to scent control but it was not enought to convince me once I smelled the product. So,I didn't use it.

Has anyone used it? If so, did you see any deer, and if you did, did they detect you and high tail it out of there?

Thanks for any input, Keep the arrows flyin',

Knute78

HavocTec

I have not used the stuff that you mention, but I did find something I really like. Its called Deerhunters Insect Repellent with Earth Scent, by Repel. It only has 52 % deet in it and works very good... Smells like dirt or mud I guess. Never had any problems with deer picking me out when I wore it either.Seen plenty of bucks with it on.

shamalex72

I used the "no stinkin' bugs" last year. It's fall blend earth scent in a red can. The first night I used it I shot a nice doe, ten yards away, didn't know I was there.

BKB

shamalex72, I just moved a couple miles north of Fort Ripley and was wondering if you could offer any info on where to start looking for a spot to bowhunt this fall. I don't really want to hunt public but if I have to I will, don't think I could not be in the tree somewhere! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

shamalex72

Almost all the land around Sebie Lake is public,close to 1500 acres, I think. There aren't too many bowhunters, but it gets pounded pretty hard during rifle. That is where I got the doe I was refering to.

There is a some county land around the area too, I havn't hunted it yet but I going to check it out this year.

IrishZit

Chad-

I have used it and think it was fine. The final scent smelled like fall folage. I say final scent because when you first spray it on, it smelt too strong to me. My buddies tried my can once and wouldn't use it again. I'm also curious to hear what others think.

Sully

BKB

Thanks for the info shamalex72, I don't know exactly where that area is but I will get out the plat book and check it out, I appreciate the help!!

Captain B.R.K

Quote:

I used the "no stinkin' bugs" last year. It's fall blend earth scent in a red can. The first night I used it I shot a nice doe, ten yards away, didn't know I was there.

I too had success using the earth scented "red can". I would be in the tree and not have a skitter on me. I'd meet my buddy at the truck and he'd be sayin," those stinkin' bugs were terrible tonight."

irvingdog

I'm still VERY curious to see if the new FDA approved repellant, PICARIDIN (which is truly effective by the way. I used it at my cabin) will be a viable option for deer hunters. It's not oily. No noticable smell, to me anyway. It doesn't trash rubber and plastic.

I got mine in a product called Cutter Advanced. Totally worth a try.