Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChuckN

Hondex FL-8 for sale

13 posts in this topic

Outboard motor SOLD

Like new Hondex FL-8 still for sale! It's just like the Vexilar FL-8 without newer advances. With a blue box with ice fishing transducer. Hardly ever used. No battery. $150 or best offer.

Motor005.jpg

Motor006.jpg

Email me at:

chunord@yahoo.com

Items located near Battle Lake, MN (near Fergus Falls, MN).

is this a short shaft or a long shaft?

do you know around what year it is?

do you have a picture with the cover off?

Is this a long shaft or short shaft? If it is a long shaft I would be very interested.

It is a short shaft.

I'd take a guess it's a mid-late 70's model.

Thanks Chuck. I have to have a long shaft. Nice looking motor. Is the flasher a complete copy of Vexilars' or am I looking at it wrong?

Chuckn please send me pics. walleyes4me32@aol.com

Northlander, the only pictures I have are posted on this ad. Did you see them? confused.gif

about how many pulls does it take to start it from cold?

Chuckn all Im getting is Red X's. Ill try later at home.

I got your e-mail. If its not sold I would take it off your hands.

I'll take the motor if we can make arrangements. Email me @

jcdrum@prodigy.net

Is the flasher with the name "Hondex" related to Vexilar? Looks just like my friends Vexilar.

Lost,

Yes this is like a Vexilar FL-8, only difference is it's older and the name changed several years ago to Vexilar.

I have a hondex too, bought it used while in college - works great. All the vexilar accessories (trasducer, battery cables, mounting brackets) are compatible. This is a great buy for anyone in need of an FL-8!!