Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBone1

Mille Lacs Ski's

5 posts in this topic

Anybody care to share their Mille Lacs Muskie experiences. I will be heading up next weekend and am wondering what works and or where to start. Thanks, T

Well, T Bone, my most recent experience (Saturday and today) wasn't much to write home about but I'll share anyhow. In a nutshell it was slow. Cabbage weeds can be found but the better (only) action for this angler was up shallow in 3-6 fow. I hooked 2 'skis but didn't land them and caught a small northern in about 10 angler hours of trying. tongue.gif As is usually the case I'd expect the action to get better later on in June.

We were fishing in front of Father Hennipen Friday night for walleyes with slip bobbers and leeches. One of the guys in my boat landed a 36" musky. That was fun to watch on 6 pound line.

Thats where we are staying so I guess I'll be starting close to home. Southerner, What were you throwing?

Small bucktails and larger than bass-sized spinnerbaits but smaller than the usual muskie spinnerbaits. It all depended on the types of weeds present. Got a boil on Cisco Kid also. Good luck.