Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
looking 4 a 30

BOWSTRING ANYBODY????

5 posts in this topic

ME AND 30 OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS ARE HEADING TO BOWSTRING FOR A FEW DAYS OF FISHING, AS WITH ANY GROUP THIS BIG WE HAVE A LITTLE FISHING POOL ( $10/BOAT ) DO THE MATH AND WINNING THAT WILL PAY FOR YOUR TRIP. ANYBODY BEEN OUT LATELY WITH UP TO DATE INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPERICATED( WATER TEMP ) AND ARE THE CRAPPIES STILL BITTING?? LAST YEAR HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH EYES DURING THE DAY AND CRAPPIES AT NIGHT. SOUNDS CRAZY BUT JUST ONE OF THOES MAGICAL WEEKS OF GREAT FISHING. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND BE SAFE OUT THERE.

fish are biting decent out there both deep and shallow some were in 18ft some were in 7-9 ft jig and shiner is what we were using I have heard the craps are by the river so you might hit it again for the crappie walleye deal

good luck

jason

thanks for the quick reply, how are the bugs up that way???

the mosquitos are as big as candian geese. more numbers too than what seems ever before.

daredevil is right what a batch this year with all the rain

jason

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• delcecchi
        I keep and eat fish also.  I was just reacting with a snide remark to a tone of "I want some fish to eat, got any spots" that perhaps was unintended .   If so, I apologize.    Many of the streams in SE Minnesota are populated primarily with native brown trout, and the DNR information is reasonably reliable.  There was a major kill in summer 2015 on the very popular south branch Whitewater river and I don't know how the recovery is coming along.    Cause still unknown.      Some recent info....(not about kill)   http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/outdoors/giving-nature-and-anglers-a-hand/article_dfe73b76-5cd9-520c-834f-7d4101a40b2e.html   http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/outdoors/john-weiss-trout-cooperate-for-a-fantastic-opener/article_2b106b9b-595f-5bee-8c3b-ceb761179da1.html   The DNR stocking activity is accessible from Lakefinder.   Here is the info for rainbow trout for 2016, the latest year available.  It will give you an idea of the activities.     http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showstocking.html?year=2016&county=&species=RBT      
    • gunner55
      Checked the webcams near us today & the snow is all gone. 50's up there the next couple
    • monstermoose78
      That looks like a nice spear! I have been in the turkey blind try to help my nephew and friends kid to bag a turkey. Today I am fishing
    • monstermoose78
      Awesome job anyfish! I bet it was still exciting. Let's hear about it
    • ANYFISH2
      Finally got a bird down.  A small jake, but a bird none the less.