Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Washington Report for Thursday

1 post in this topic

Well,I had to work extra hard today in the wind.Fished for the nice bull pannies and fair luck.Along the shore in 2-4 fow with a ice jig and waxie caught approx40,with 6 being keepers.Then traveled to the deeper water in Bakers bay and picked up 9 nice gills,all females in 26fow suspended10 feet .Also picked up 8 nice crappies while trying for the gills.All together caught approx.50 gills which 15 were kept and all the crappies were released as they had lots of eggs.Panfish are thick very close to shore,you just have to weed through them.Talked to 4 other boats and all were having very good fishing.Some spots have by far nicer gills than others,so keep moving and you should find them.I didnt find any crappies in shallow,but I may have not found the right spot,but I wasnt looking for them.Sure would be nice to fish on a day with a little less wind,but I guess I shouldnt complain as I atleast got to go.Any day of fishing sure beats any day at work.