Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RK

Walleyes happening?

4 posts in this topic

Hiya,

What's the word on the walleyes up that way these days?

Was supposed to be heading to Lake St. Clair to film a TV show next week but cameraman had a conflict so that plan crapped out. Already had the time off arranged so decided to stay at the cabin for the week. Heading up for muskie opener but probably going to do the bass/walleye/muskie combo platter while I'm there. smile.gif Not looking for specific hot lakes - just sort of general sense of what the walleyes are up to. From talking to the neighbors on Crystal, seems like a lot of the lakes are a little behind where they should be this time of year.

Thanks for any info. If you see a Tracker Tundra with a walkthrough windshield bopping around the next 10 days or so flag me down and say hi - always cool meeting FM types smile.gif

Cheers,

RK

Pretty good luck in the area using spinners/leeches in 14-19ft during the day. Crankbaits in shallows at night are

going also. Hopefully you can get some water time in between the rains.

walleyegod hit it on the nose. Spinners and leeches or minnows during the day and shallow running cranks in the skinny waters during the eve/night hours.

I will keep my eye out for the Tracker...I will be down on those area lakes next Monday-Thursday. I have a Alumacraft with FM stickers on the back...pulled by a Explorer with more FM stickers on the back. Stop and say hello. grin.gif

How's it going RK? Were you parked on the road in Cormorant Village across from the gas station on Wednesday. I was over at one of the real estate agencies, saw a nice big tundra with a Merc Verado on it, wondered who it might be. Fishing is a little behind, crappies are just starting to spawn on larger lake, walleyes can still be found shallower, and the bass are shallow as well. I've been doing well below some spillways here in the DL area, popped a 26" walter last night and a 24" a couple nights ago. If you want to hook up for a couple hours Saturday morning for Muskie opener, shoot me an email. I live on South Shore about 200 yards from the access. Have a wedding Saturday afternoon, so only a couple hours Sat. morning for me.

Fisherdog