Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Who's Hit the Lake?

Drake

Was anyone able to spend some time on the lakes during the long weekend? Blackduck Lake the past few days has been more productive in the daytime for the walleyes verses the evening bite that it was earlier last week. Many of the walleyes being caught are the smaller ones, but we had a couple of anglers who hit the duck a couple of days ago and they caught and released not only the small ones, but also kept their limits of good size eaters. Leeches and minnows are still working, but work the bars because you'll find some decent ones in a little shallower depths.

The other lakes in the area are giving mixed results after some rain and wind stirring things up the past few days. Benjamin Lake has produced some decent rainbow trout (with the largest weighing in a little over 2 pounds), with fishing at Benjamin doing better in the deeper water for those on the boats verses the anglers fishing from the dock and shoreline. Gilstad produced good numbers of the panfish (working the weeds along the shoreline), but with Gilstad the numbers are there but the size is small (at least of what we caught), but it's a great lake for the young anglers to get action and learn their fishing skills. On Gilstad you can really tell the increase in the water level, with the water being almost even with the dock. The weather seems to have affected the walleye fishing in the area; many of our anglers hitting some of the smaller lakes in the area said that they have hit their favorite spots and they did do well, but they really had to work at it because things were really stirred up.

Upper Red Lake has been pretty choppy the past couple of days, which has slowed down the crappie bite but definitely hasn't affected the walleye bite. We were out there yesterday with some of our guests (going out of the public landing) and only a few crappies were caught, but we did have one couple who accessed out of the southshore that said that they were able to find a spot where it wasn't as windy and choppy and then were able to do pretty well. We're looking forward to a calm day up there!

fivebucks

I logged about about 12 hours on Island Lake over the long weekend and SLOW was the key word. I picked up a couple small northerns, couple smallies, couple perch, but no walleyes. I tried from 8' - 25' but it didn't seem to matter. It was just a tough bite.

woodman

Fished Big lake and did really well. My boss took me out to try and teach me how to fish. That did not happen. I had the first fish before he had his rod out of his storage locker. We kept 9 good eaters and released aprox. 30 others. Took the wife out in the afternoon and only caught perch. This lake is very clear, therefore, the eye bite is early early morning or at dark and into the night. The lake is full of Muskies so it will be a zoo this weekend. We did have one surfacing around us most of the day and was kinda cool to watch.

Have a good one and let's hope the weather stays steady! grin.gif

Drake

Fishing here in the Blackduck area has been going pretty well over the weekend. Upper Red Lake has produced some good numbers of crappies, with a better crappie bite in the morning hours (before 10) and in the late evening hours. The walleye and sheephead have given folks plenty of action throughout the day. The smaller lakes in the area have also kicked in with nice numbers of sunnies and gills (in the 6"-9" range being kept) being caught in the shallows for those working the weedbeds, with a bite yesterday kicking in in the early evening hours (starting around 5pm), but slower during the early afternoon. Rain came through late yesterday afternoon, but that didn't stop the fish or the anglers. Today we've rain off and on, but tomorrow is looking to be a pretty nice one to hit the open water!