Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HellaBass

Coon Lake?

6 posts in this topic

Do you guys consider Coon and Linwood lakes in your area? If so, has anyone been out for bass out there yet. Thinking about going out this weekend, just looking for a status update on what the fish are doing grin.gif

I've bass fished both of them quite a bit in the past, not this year however. Coon is the better of the two. More weed lines, better docks, and better slop. But quite a bit more pressure.

Linwood just doesn't seem to have the numbers Coon does, but I've had days out there when you would think otherwise. The bass fishing pressure on Linwood is almost non-existant.

Pick Coon as a more solid bet, pick Linwood if you're hankering for a challenge.

Was out there today and caught nothing. Saw a few fish in the shallows but no takers. A fish surveyor was going around the lake talking to fisherman. He said the bass bite has been really slow. He talked to 5 other bassfisherman and he said only 4 fish have been caught between us all. All were released.

seem like things are a little slower than the chisago area lakes. Did those shallow fish look like they were spawning?

Seemed like they were getting ready to. They weren't on any beds just roaming around swimming in pairs. Wouldn't even look at what I was throwing.

Personally i think 95% of the bass are done