Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
MJCatfish

Selkirk Reports~ Water flow~Available bait?

MJCatfish

Anybody have a report from Lockport area from this week? We'll be coming up on Friday am. Mostly wondering if the goldeyes are cooperating. We'll be bringing some cut suckers and some sucker minnows on ice, but I like to use native bait, especially goldeyes. We'll be back home Tuesday and will give a report then.

Thanks!

MJ

topcat3820

I had a couple of guys out yesterday out of Stu's. 2 gates are open and there's good flow. 3 guys from Nebraska did a night fish starting at about 11:00 on Monday and fished 'till almost daybreak yesterday. The younger guys wanted to keep their dad out 'till they broke 80 fish. They finally gave up at 101 fish shocked.gif then drove home in the morning.

Goldeyes are no problem anywhere you look right now. Sucker just isn't producing, but bring it for backup. Between that and the flow is why it's fishing so well (is itEVERbad here wink.gif???

My smallest fish yesterday was 37", got 4 over 38, couldn't break 40" though.

38.75"

100_0247.jpg

MJCatfish

Top Cat,

Sounds like Lockport to me! cool.gif Thanks for the update. I was going to order some more sucker minnows, but I think I'll hold off and catch goldeyes. We've always had great luck with goldeyes and have usually been able to find them up there, but I just wanted to be sure. The clock is ticking. . .

Thanks again,

MJ

Canuck

MJ: A couple of friends were up and I was to meet them at 3:30 today for some fishing. I went down at 3PM and couldn't buy a bite. We used week old frozen goldeye and ended up with 10 in 2 hrs. When we came off the river the sun was out and deceided to give the goldeye a try. Well we had our limit (30) in about 20 min. Right off Stu's dock in 4 ft.

On Mon I used sucker, creek chub and frozen goldeye and had NO problem getting fish. I think it was 23 in 7 hrs but as Terry said FISH NIGHT and U won't regret it.

Terry: looks like the flow line is still producing. I fished it this afternoon too. I heard the opposite side was as good but I didn't try it.

MJCatfish

Canuck,

Sounds great! I can't wait to get the big ol' slip bob out. Hope that bite is on like it was last June when we were up. Best bobber bite I've ever had for cats.

What oz. weights are you using on the bottom rigs?

MJ

Scoot

MJ,

Don't know if you're aware of this or not- if you don't have a valid MB lisence for this year you can not bring them into Canada. MB considers them a game fish and won't let you enter if you have any (dead or alive). I've heard of a couple guys trying to do this and having problems. Just a little FYI for ya.

I hope you have a great trip! Save some for the girls later this summer- apparently Nicole, Heidi, Mom, and maybe Janna and Karen are thinking about going up there. That would be an interesting trip!

MJCatfish

Thanks for the heads up, Scoot. We'll bring them and take our chances. Hopefully, they'll let us through. Whenever I've gone through the border, I've always told them what I have for bait. Maybe this will be the year they crack down on it.

Yeah, that would be an interesting trip with the ladies going. I'm sure they'll have a great time.

Can't wait until mid-July to head up to LOTW with you guys. Pray for good weather.

MJ

topcat3820

At least 3 oz. in the calm water, 6's everywhere else. Like I say, there's good flow this year wink.gif!!!

TC beer12jy.gif

MJCatfish

You aren't kidding there! Friday, we'll be at the Selkirk campground, but on Sat and Sun, we'll be at Stu's. If you're in the area, stop in and say hi!! We always have cold ones waiting to be snap-fizzed and gurgled. smirk.gif

MJ

Canuck

MJ:

What is the description of your boat again? I am out for a couple hrs on Sat morning about 9 or 10. One of the guys did some corkin this afternoon and did VERY well. There are only a few places U can cork but they were sure feeding this afternoon.

MJCatfish

Canuck,

We'll be in an 18 ft green Crestliner center console johnboat with a 75 hp merc on the back. You may see us fishing next to another boat, an old black 16 ft lund with an Evinrude.

Good Luck!

MJ

topcat3820

I'm on thewater for 6 days starting Saturday (fished last night 'till 9:30),Stu wanted me to go out again at 8:00 this morning but today's my anniversary and didn't feel like getting the cya9ci.gif treatment from my wife. I just may need a couple of cold ones (at LEAST) by Friday!!! See you out there.

TC beer12jy.gif

MJCatfish

Stu,

Even though we got to chat for only a short while, it was good to see you again. Hope your pontoon turns out great, as I'm sure it will.

Canuck and Topcat,

It was great to meet you guys and exchange notes. We did very well every day but Sunday was phenomenal in the spillway. We floated corks on the inside edge of the current break on the south side of the floodway. We also fished the second breakline with bottom rigs and did well also. We thought we'd be able to get out of the wind and catch a few in there, but never imagined the bite to be so great.

Canuck,

Sorry we didn't hook up with you on Saturday night. We ended going downriver a ways and when we got back up, we couldn't find you. It would have been a fun time fishing with you.

Take care everyone,

MJ

Scoot

MJ,

I was thinking about you this weekend- how much rain did you get up there? Hopefully you missed out on the wet weather we had here.

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I can't wait to get into 'em corkin' up there. I've done ok with corks, but never really smacked 'em. I'm jealous of you, for sure.

The plan is still the same as when I spoke with you earlier- I'll be out you way Friday.

MJCatfish

It mostly drizzled and lightly rained. It actually gave us some time to relax and play cards one day! We conservatively estimate that each boat probably landed 125-150 cats in the 2 1/2 days we were up there. That was fishing from about 1 pm to maybe 4 or 5 pm. Then in for a quick rest and a meal. Then back out by 6:30 or 7:00 and fishing until about 1 or 2 in the morning. There was a time that I drifted my float 7 times in a row with a bite involved. We had many doubles and really caught a pile of fish. No monsters but many, many fish in the 18-25 lb range.

Scoot,

What island are we staying on in July?

MJ

Rockin Rod

Glad to see you had a good trip. Wish I could've been there.

We haven't decided where we're staying yet. Might be pony, or something just north of there. I'll give you a call tonight.

Rod

ibwhnt

Firebag was always a nice place to camp. I'm sure my old man can point you to a nice location with all the years he use to camp up in that neck of the woods.

MJ, Sounds like a great trip

MJCatfish

Kent,

Are you planning on joining us in July? Just wondering. Yeah, Rockin Rod, try to call me on my cell after about 6:30. I think I'm taking Payton and a friend fishin' tonight. If not I'll try to contact you in the next day or so.

MJ

ibwhnt

Doesn't look like it this year. We have a family Vac planned for that time. smirk.gif And the way the river is looking that might be about the time I can get on again. Time will tell about that we just can't take anymore rain.