• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A buddy & I just found out we are both free for a day on the water Saturday. Cannot decide where to go to try for some eye's. We are both relatively new to fishing around the Owatonna area & have mainly fished the hard water on Clear Lake. Where is our best shot for some eyes or crappies on Sat? Even considered running to Red Wing, but neither of us have fished there either... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Red Wing is tough to beat. lots of walleys and normaly can put something in the boat (bass,cats)...Madison, and washington are both good bets. Tetonka or Francis also a good option and a short drive. Good luck

Usually the crappies on Washington are fairly easy to find.I have not been there for a few days,but Bakers bay is almost always a good spot to find them.The other spot to check is off second or third point.I do real well on purple jigs sometimes with and without waxies.They could be in shallow as last week they still had alot of eggs in them.size varies but you can find 8-10 inch fish usually.

For eyes, the location I usually do well is around second to third point,squirrels nest point and the deep water between second to third point.This year i have caught them on rapalas in shallow water,crawlers on spinners and scenic tackles new jigs with plastic and or leeches.Some days you need to sort through the eyes as you can get into some small ones and look out the drum are hungry this year.Good Luck.

thanks guys... as I said, neither of us have fished any other areas around here, so hopefully we can get lucky somewhere. I will post next week with the decision & the results. I think we have narrowed it to either Tetonka, Red Wing or Washington.

Which place will have the least traffic is the question....

If you want to avoid traffic, then stay away from Washington. A 40 boat bass tourney will be there. They will have pretty much all the parking spaces at Westwood full before 6 a.m.

I appreciate the heads up.... that lake is off the list. thanks!!