• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone had any luck yet in the boats? The shore bite at night has been pretty good, just wondering if the boats have had much success yet? Water temps? Depth? Baits? Shiners have worked good at night for me and throwing small floater raps mostly black and silver. Released a 27 incher from shore on Sunday night

Eyehunter,

How has you're spring/summer been going so far? I haven't been out on the big lake yet, but I have talked with a few guys who have been doing fairly well with lindy's and leeches on the deep weed edges fishing fairly slow. I will post when I get the boat out, should be sometime within the next week. Where have you been shorefishing for walleyes if you don't mind me asking? I don't believe I have ever seen anyone shorefishing for walleyes on Minnewaska, or maybe I wasn't looking close enough.

Look closer and bring a flashlight lol. City beach(glenwood) Has been pretty good from shore. Torges culvert has had its nights too, Pelican from shore, Emily, and Long Lake cyriss all have given me up a few eyes this spring.

I have been out a couple of times in the evening pulling #5 shap raps in 10-12 feet of water. The results have been mixed. Couple here couple there on Monday the surface temp was still holding at 58 degrees.

Do you ever go shallower with the hinged bill raps? 4-6 feet of water would seem prime at night. Haven't had much luck trolling raps yet but have had good results throwing small floating black/silver raps. The shiners are in thick all around shore.

No I have not gone in that shallow. I am probably to much a creature of habit. Sounds like a good idea for the next full moon though.....

See ya out there. I'll be the one with a headlamp bouncing around as I'm trying to swat the skeets and dodge the bats, was out on waska late last night before the storm early this morning, and managed a few just before the storm came in. Mostly bullheads, and carp, and sheephead in the shallows right now since this bug explosion hit its been tough. Hit a 21" sunday night trolling in 4 ft just missing the reeds with the electric trolling motor at about .8-1.2 mph with raps. grin.gif Man was it foggy out there almost got lost in it I tell ya.

Nobody got a report? I've been out working the starbuck side, and the bass have spawned now and dropped out to the deep weededge 18 feet or so, right where I walleye fish, I think I could have filmed a bass show last night, I couldn't keep the line in the water long enough to get a walleye. I have only boated 1 walleye all season on waska during daylight hours this year how depressing. confused.gif

There are no posts because there are few fishing and fewer catching. I have tried 4 different evenings. 1 walleye, 1 bucket mouth, 1 smally. I have mostly fished the 14-18 ft weed edges. Even as nice as it was last nite there were few on the lake. Reno doesn't sound much better and I have been on Mary a couple times with limited success. I guess I have to learn some new tactics.

Suspended fish?? I was out last night again on starbuck end, caught numerous perch, sunfish and a few nice post-spawn bass. Rough fish seem to be everywhere up shallow now, and am marking the most fish at 18 feet. My new tactic should be to not put the boat in during daylight hours, but theres got to be a way!! We just need 2 or 3 days with the same wind direction to develop some pattern, and a stable barometer, ya right I'm dreamin. That cloud that rolled over starbuck side around 8:00 last night had me going I chickened out around 9:00 looked nasty. Nice eyes down there on the aqua-view chowing on big perch. confused.gif

No eyes for me this weekend. Spent my time on the water with the kids friday and sunday evening. Hammered the sunfish the kids had a blast. Not a lot of size but with some sorting we could have kept a meal without a problem. The boat will be parked this week as I get ready for a trip to the Boundary Waters. When I return from the Boundary Waters I think I will try to find a night bite. There is so much boat traffic in the evening so we will see what happens after dark.

Ya full moon should be getting pretty hot by next weekend, Nitebite has been great on waska this spring. Got a 23 inch walleye this weekend, but mostly rain and sunburn, perch, bass, and sunnies. We were actually trolling spinners and crawlwer rigs at 2-3 mph and still couldn't outrun the sunfish and perch. Shiners didn't catch a fish for us at all, Jumbo leeches seemed best. Maybe I'll see ya out there I will be trolling the starbuck side up shallow them nights I think. I hear Miltona has had a decent bite and might check that out too. grin.gif