Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down to Earth

A Great Weekend

3 posts in this topic

Hope everyone out there got a chance to enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend. We spent the weekend camping with my in-laws over at Keisler's in Waseca. Its located on Clear Lake, which is known for a mass population of 6-7" crappies and also Largemouth Bass. The crappies let me tell you did not disappoint in terms of action. Saturday afternoon I got my three year old set up with a paddletail and a bobber and by the time I'm reaching down for my set up he's pulling in his first fish. On that note, I must say even though the crappies were for the most part cooperative, what you used definately made a difference. They only thing we used were paddletails, and color didn't matter, and we consistently caught more fish than others on the fishing pier by a long shot. You know how satisfying it is to watch your 3 year old out fish every other kid and adult in the vacinity? I don't know how many we all caught over the weekend, but it numbered in the hundereds. Here's a few shots:

Gabe's First Fish

gabefirstfish4xw.jpg

Gabe's Second

gabesecondfish5mm.jpg

Father Son Double:

fathersondoublefish2py.jpg

Looks like you kept the little guy happy! Congrats on the good weekend.

Where can one buy paddle tails? Are they in the powerbait, or gulp line? Thanks in advance.

Looks good Andy. But tell the truth now....he really did outfish you, didn't he? lol