Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Down to Earth

A Great Weekend

Down to Earth

Hope everyone out there got a chance to enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend. We spent the weekend camping with my in-laws over at Keisler's in Waseca. Its located on Clear Lake, which is known for a mass population of 6-7" crappies and also Largemouth Bass. The crappies let me tell you did not disappoint in terms of action. Saturday afternoon I got my three year old set up with a paddletail and a bobber and by the time I'm reaching down for my set up he's pulling in his first fish. On that note, I must say even though the crappies were for the most part cooperative, what you used definately made a difference. They only thing we used were paddletails, and color didn't matter, and we consistently caught more fish than others on the fishing pier by a long shot. You know how satisfying it is to watch your 3 year old out fish every other kid and adult in the vacinity? I don't know how many we all caught over the weekend, but it numbered in the hundereds. Here's a few shots:

Gabe's First Fish

gabefirstfish4xw.jpg

Gabe's Second

gabesecondfish5mm.jpg

Father Son Double:

fathersondoublefish2py.jpg

Bluto

Looks like you kept the little guy happy! Congrats on the good weekend.

Where can one buy paddle tails? Are they in the powerbait, or gulp line? Thanks in advance.

CrappieJohn

Looks good Andy. But tell the truth now....he really did outfish you, didn't he? lol