• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've never fished the area, but was wondering if these lakes are worth a shot on opener. Just trying to put the girlfriend on a few fish. Geneva looks to have some good sand flats on the north side....any thoughts? Shooting for eyes, but wouldn't mind taking a break for some pannies as well. Do these lakes see a lot of pressure?

Thanks for the help

Benjamin

I used to fish geneva for years when I was a kid in the 60's. My grandparents had a resort (8 cabins). There was NO public access at the time, and the only way on was through narrow channels on victoria or Le Homme Deu (sp?) or the resorts. We caught BIG crapppies all the time, some around 15 inches, the sunnies were really nice as well. Some of the guests targeted walleyes and did well. Out in front of the tabernacle was a good spot for crappies. Walleyes by the point not far from the tabernacle. As far as fishing pressure, there was next to none back then, just a few boats on the weekends, now I have no idea.

should be worth a shot...neither lake gets a lot of opening weekend pressure. Victoria will traditionally give up a lunker each season (8-10lbs) Geneva has decent numbers too, with some good crappie fishing to fall back on. you'll be away from the crowds, close to town, and still have good opportunities for 'eyes, pike and crappies....(good size northerns in Geneva too...)

good luck and good fishing...

Ghotierman, last year you put me on some walleyes on Reno. What do you think I should do the week after opener on Osakis?