Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishwax

Fox Lake

2 posts in this topic

Are there any fish in Fox Lake? My parents live on the lake and there appears to be fish in there according to DNR reports. I however, have had terrible luck on this lake. Is it best to skip it entirely for opener? Any tips for fishing the elusive Fox?

I have fished Fox Lake(the one north of Faribault) before on the opener and have had limited success, some years better than others. A few places to try are the N.E. corner of the lake where the big sand bar comes well out from shore, the entrance to the creek to the right of the public landing (work these areas with jig-n-minnows,leech or toss small crankbaits #5 shad rap works real good). One more spot that is kinda hard to find, but can be worth the effort is to go left of the public access on the south shore watch your electronics, about half way down that shore line there is a point that sticks out, work the edges, while wathing your electronics carefully. There is some hard bottom(rock, sand) areas within the weeds that usually hold some fish.

Remember that wind, weather conditions and time of day will also lots of say to the bite.

If you are going out, I hope these give you a few areas to start at.

Good luck and Happy Rippin