Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ironman

felt bottom wading shoes

3 posts in this topic

File this one under, "why didn't I do this along...long...long time ago?" I finally broke down and bought an actual pair of wading boots. Up to this point it was usually wore out old work boots. The felt on the bottom is unbelievable. Sticks right to those slippery rocks!! I had to experience it to believe it. No more stumblin around for this guy. If anyone out there is wading without them...dont do it to yourself...I picked mine up for about 40 bucks. Also you can do it yourself by just gluing some felt to the bottom of your favorite wading boots. good luck out there.

I hear ya on that. I didn't believe it at first until I got my first pair with felt. It does make a huge difference when walking on rocks.

It's one of the those "You gotta try it to believe things".

Later

Felt is unequalled for wading on rocks and if I could have only one pair of boots, they'd be felt-soled. There are a couple of downsides to felt: If you're a winter fisherman, you'll find that snow freezes to the bottom of wet felt as you walk along the stream banks, eventually making you a couple of inches taller! One potentially more serious factor is that felt and greasy, wet clay trails along the stream bank are a bad match - like bald tires on an icy road. Please be aware of that for safety's sake.