• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opener

How deep do you think the walleye will be for opener around here? Thanks

Boy, it's hard to say with this screwed up weather we've had. I'm going to start by trolling/ throwing some cranks along the outside weed edges, and if nothing happens there I would probably try to hit the 15-20 ft drops with some live rigs to see if they're hanging out there. Good Luck whatever you do!

I had my heart set on casting and trolling cranks also.. with the forecast, I think that will be pretty short lived.. If I'm out at midnight, I will be willing to bet I will be verticle jigging, or live bait rigs off the first drop.. maybe the 2nd.. hard to say what is going to happen with this cold snap we are sitting in right now.

Anyone feel like beating up the weather man?

It's quite possible that I may change my approach and fish for walleye around the warmest part of the day. In the pat during early season, day break outings have not produced much. However, on occasion, I've stayed later (11-2) and caught a mid day bite.