Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forky

Good access to use on Minnetonka

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Any recommendations on a decent access with ample parking on Minnetonka for opener on Saturday. We will not be there real early in the morning, maybe about 7:00 a.m. I have a 1900 ProV with a bunk trailer. Any recommendations on where to launch?

Thanks for all of your help,

Chad

Grays Bay over by Wayzata.... big and new... it does get packed however!

If you are good at backing the trailer in, any ramp will do, but if you are somewhat challenged by it, Grays in not the ramp for you. The ramps are very steep and you lose sight of the trailer as you go over the edge towards the water. I've spent a lot of time waiting in line while people who aren't very experienced jack-knifed their trailers.

Other good ramps are Maxwell Bay, North Arm and Spring Park (even though the parking is pretty limited there and you may have to park at the DOT facility a couple of blocks away).

Not sure which part of the lake you're heading to, but if Gray's is full by the time you get there, try the launch next to the Wayzata Yacht club. Now that Grays is new and nice, this one fills up later in the morning